lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
rbrandenburg26
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo txt sits lower in front with lift kit

Ok I’m new to the golf cart world so forgive my ignorance. I recently bought a used cart that was already lifted (no clue of the name of the lift) and wanted to see if there is anything that I can do to level it out. It may not look like it in the photo but the rear end sits a good bit higher than the front. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!!
rbrandenburg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo txt sits lower in front with lift kit

It looks like a Terra Toys lift kit? Hard to tell. Those shocks are not the greatest and have been known to wear out and cause the low ride like you describe.

I am a big proponent of using proven off road parts on these LT front suspensions. If you remove one of the shocks and measure it from eye to eye, I can find an atv shock that will possibly work for you. Some atv shocks can be tuned with springs and compression/rebound to get the ride the way you want.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #3
rbrandenburg26
Not Yet Wild

So with the shocks off the cart, they measure 16”. Whenever I have the cart raised to my desired height ”level“ it measures 16 1/8” but whenever the cart is at actual riding height, it measures 14 1/4”. Sorry if that sounds confusing. Here are a couple pics to show the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D32EECCD-4892-4B0A-96E1-970A93DE30A9.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg E2534E93-E019-4E3F-AC5F-BECCC50EB5DA.jpg (21.9 KB, 0 views)
rbrandenburg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:48 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I can't tell but is there any way to mount the shock lower up top or higher at the bottom with an extension bracket?
The length of the extended shock eye to eye unloaded will not determine the loaded at rest height when installed as much as the spring rate will.
You could get a 2" longer shock but it might have a softer spring rate and you will be back at same ride height.
Try to source a couple of adjustable coilovers, the ones with the spring pad that screws up and down to dial it in.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 09:20 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

What you are describing is what is known as "suspension sag". Sag is a good thing, especially for off road. It allows your suspension to have some up travel when hitting bumps, which absorbs the impact and doesn't upset the vehicle stability as much.

I agree with Crash, you just need to mount the shock so that it will have the correct ride height for your level of sag setup.

Another option is to eliminate the sag and crank up the preload adjusters on your shocks. This will raise the ride height but will also affect the handling, sometimes quite a bit.

The angle of the coil over also greatly affects ride height and overall ride stiffness. The more upright the shock is, the stiffer the suspension action will be, and the ride height will be higher. With more angle, the shock becomes weaker/softer due to more leverage being applied to it. If you look in one of your first photos it looks like the shocks are angled at about 45 degrees. If you were to move the bottom mount inward say 2", you would gain ride height and suspension stiffness.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts