lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #1
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default For those of you that drive your carts all winter

what cover and heater setup do you like best?

I bought the RXV this summer, so this will be my first winter with it and I think we will still use it around the neighborhood.

Let me if you have any other tips / accessories that help during the cold winter months.
Indy Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: For those of you that drive your carts all winter

BATTERIES: If your charger doesn't automatically maintain the pack SOC start a new charge cycle manually at least once a month if you don't use the cart. Still have to check water level and keep them clean.
Battery capacity decreases with decrease in temperature. It's still a little early but in the next couple of months there will probably be a rash of posts complaining of a sudden decrease in range and knee jerk reactions to blame the charger or why did I buy these cheap crappy batteries etc. Typical scenario goes like this. Fall temps cool down. Batteries have a large thermal mass and take a while to cool to the outside temps. Owner drives cart and it performs as expected then doesn't use it again for a couple of weeks. All of a sudden it doesn't go as far as expected and he notices. Immediately thinks problem with charger etc. In fact the batteries have just adjusted to the current temps and all is well. Obviously several variations of this scenario can occur but just be aware you can't go as far when its cold. See chart.

People in my area prefer the Sunbrella side curtains. They can be "over the top" or the preferred mounted in tracks on the inside of the canopy. Can be pricey but the track mounted versions work very well and seem to have long life plus in the stowed position they don't detract from the appearance of the cart. They are available for use year round and easily deployed. I'm not familiar with their availability with a short canopy like yours as that configuration is extremely rare here.

Not many heaters is use here 'cause ya know, Atlanta.

I have a 12v outlet below the seat on my RXV. We have experimented with a 12 electric blanket. Meh. But I'm completely acclimatized. When it gets below 60° I park the cart and take the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan Temp vs Storage Capacity.jpg (81.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

My little hand built truck has a completely enclosed cab with removable plastic windows. It's based on a 87 G2 Yamaha - high speed gears 8 to 1 ratio - 460cc engine with 18 amp alternator - 25 inch tires - cruising speed 35 mph - 8kw diesel heater. Produces 17000 btu's of hot air.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Air-Die...wAAOSwT0lev-hY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6710.JPG (232.9 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

no problems here in the winter
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:57 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: For those of you that drive your carts all winter

I have the small bottle of fuel with a heater head that fits in the cup holder. Clear plastic cart cover that fits the back seat also. Keeps us plenty warm when it's 30* outside.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Somewhat reduced speed and less range especially below zero, and a good towel [I use a bath mat] under your arse, nothing special. I do have to spray the chassis with oil to reduce the effects of road salt though.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:49 PM   #7
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

I just put the windshield up and grin and bare it-probably barely over 150 yards to the shop at my business. Driving rain is probably a no-go before snow or extreme cold.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #8
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Jumping in here a little late, but (other)Indy, I've been contemplating the same thing. Would like to get some additional time on the cart throughout the Indiana Winter, without having to layer on the Carhart gear.

A driveable cover and heater seem like the first go-to's. However, I find it a bit difficult do drop $400+ between the two. I think just finding a way to block the sides (allowing windshield to do its job and leave back open) would go a long way. Dare I rig up a clear shower curtain???????? :D

Covering the seat with a blanket would help take the chill of the tush as well. As said before, we have an electric blanket, but it needs 110V AC.

Realistically speaking, if I have the cart out in the winter, I'm probably going to be outside and dressed to fit anyways. I just think it would be nice to break up the cabin fever and tool around a bit with the family (3 of us) and not have to bundle up. First world problems...
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:13 AM   #9
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

A Mr. heater golf cart propane heater and any cheap over the top enclosure will keep you nice and warm. You can find both on amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: png Mr. Heater.PNG (22.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png golf cart enclosure.PNG (17.1 KB, 0 views)
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

We just wear more clothing!!

And the deer say....."Whuuuuu?"

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides