lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #1
DISCOCART3KTM
Not Yet Wild

Default Marketeer cart

Hello, i am getting my cart back together and i gutted the wiring because of age. I would like to upgrade to solid state. My motor is on the axel and pedal for driver is a linkage type design. What do i need to do now to get the wheels rolling.
Do i use an electronic type pedal now to a relay to a speed controller to the motor along with a forward/reverse switch. I have seen the alltrax and navitas systems but i am not sure how to get the new type equipment in and wired up. 36 or 48v. I will be buying new batteries too.
DISCOCART3KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #2
Cencal
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Marketeer cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCOCART3KTM View Post
Hello, i am getting my cart back together and i gutted the wiring because of age. I would like to upgrade to solid state. My motor is on the axel and pedal for driver is a linkage type design. What do i need to do now to get the wheels rolling.
Do i use an electronic type pedal now to a relay to a speed controller to the motor along with a forward/reverse switch. I have seen the alltrax and navitas systems but i am not sure how to get the new type equipment in and wired up. 36 or 48v. I will be buying new batteries too.
I did this on a 24v cushman minute miser, used the altrax controller (an old AXE model from ebay) you will need a pot box with microswitch a diode and a big resistor, you should have the old mechanical forward reverse switch left from the old wiring it may look bad but its probably OK, are you sure the motor is working? as you state is mounts right to the diff and I don't know about replacements on such an old cart so I would jump it to be sure it work before I went down the rest of the path.
Cencal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #3
DISCOCART3KTM
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Marketeer cart

I might be getting a new motor for more torque. It mounts straight on the dif. The motor is inline forward/aft. Its a 10 spline. I have seen the altrax and navitas and wondering exactly what i would need to replace everything.
From what i have been reading it seems like all this new type of electronic equipment "talks" with each other so i guess i will need an electronic pedal to relay/contactor to speed control to motor. I will be buying new batteries of course so it seems that a project like this is fairly straight forward but i have never done this before so i know there is a step or two that i will need to learn.
DISCOCART3KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts