lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2020, 08:09 PM   #1
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT, Predator 670 Swap, Throttle Linkage

Holy Crap, the throttle linkage on the Predator 670 stock carb is a ridiculous mess, and the Vegas Carts Engine Mods don't seem to work. The governor arm seems to operate the throttle on the carb, and the throw of the throttle cable and associated middle linkage don't seem to jive with the governor throw, hence a spring. VC says add a solid rod with some play to replace the spring, but that leaves the whole length of the play in the initial throttle cable movement with no impact on the governor arm, or the carb throttle linkage. Surely there is a better mouse trap out there as many times as this swap has been performed. Anyone interested sharing a photo of their setup? I can design and build a sheet metal plate with pivot to replace the current set up, but will destroy the original throttle linkage plate in the process and I would prefer not doing that in case I have to rebuild it and return it for warranty reasons. Please?

I'm not ready to buy the Mikuni and intake. We will get there eventually I expect...just not yet.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO TXT, Predator 670 Swap, Throttle Linkage

While I don't have a Predator 670, the Vanguard is very similar. I hated the stock throttle linkage with the springs and rods and governor etc. It just had so much slop and never worked well for me. I did end up swapping to the Mikuni carb, which was well worth the cost and effort. Here is a video of my bell crank throttle setup prototype. It actually worked very well, much more accurate throttle feel. The aluminum plate bolts in place of the factory throttle linkages, I made it bolt in so I could go back if I wanted. Since then I have made the setup better, but same concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZyeDKMY40Y
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 05:51 PM   #3
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well...I built a linkage. I will need to re-do it a bit...missed the throw by a 1/16th of an inch at full open, and need to fix the return spring. It functions, so building another to the correct dims should be doable. Thing idles super high...need to turn it down, and will go through the threads on adjusting to make it workable for now. Any shared wisdom on the Predator carb is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200905_135458.jpg (159.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Well...I built a linkage. I will need to re-do it a bit...missed the throw by a 1/16th of an inch at full open, and need to fix the return spring. It functions, so building another to the correct dims should be doable. Thing idles super high...need to turn it down, and will go through the threads on adjusting to make it workable for now. Any shared wisdom on the Predator carb is appreciated.
Mine works great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1F8D5AF6-B3A8-432B-871A-98B31106FB9C.jpg (258.6 KB, 0 views)
Crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Well done. If it works good, the proof is in the pudding, right?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:11 PM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree, whatever works. Glad you got yours to work as detailed by VC.

Mine would not work...I hooked it up the same way and could not get enough throw on the throttle...the governor was too short of a throw and restricted the movement. What I have now works well.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #7
Crack
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I agree, whatever works. Glad you got yours to work as detailed by VC.

Mine would not work...I hooked it up the same way and could not get enough throw on the throttle...the governor was too short of a throw and restricted the movement. What I have now works well.
Just remove the governor and use a tac
Crack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #8
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I did the double zip ties on my governor and its tied just right and my throttle stops right around 4500 rpm, I tell the wife to keep it under 4 so she doesnt blow the motor.

works great though.
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #9
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellett5261 View Post
I did the double zip ties on my governor and its tied just right and my throttle stops right around 4500 rpm, I tell the wife to keep it under 4 so she doesnt blow the motor.

works great though.
Post a photo of your linkage set up and how you have the zip ties installed. After driving it a bit, I would like to get the governor hooked back up before I, or one of my idiot neighbors drives it an blows it up.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:29 PM   #10
kellett5261
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Post a photo of your linkage set up and how you have the zip ties installed. After driving it a bit, I would like to get the governor hooked back up before I, or one of my idiot neighbors drives it an blows it up.
that's exactly why I did the zip ties because you can adjust how high the rpm's go. I trust myself but others don't know any better.

I'll upload a picture today
kellett5261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!