lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2020, 11:16 PM   #1
Guidosarduchi
Not Yet Wild

Default 68 3 wheel is slow..

I have a 68 three wheel cart. I have replaced the piston, jug, and now have great compression. The clutch was frozen and I replaced it with a good working unit. On jack stands the clutches seems to be doing what they are supposed to.

Before I replaced the clutch it would start under load and would get up to 14-15 mph. After replacing the clutch it maxes out at about 9.

The cart seems to run good, but I can't check it under load on road tests. The governer has been removed.

It runs well with no choke, and only needs choke to start and run, so I am not suspecting crank seals.

Any suggestions on what is slowing me down? I have been a long time lurker which has gotten me to this point. I appreciate any help.

This is the first tank I have run on it, I mixed 2 oz to each gallon, and wondering if I mixed too rich.

Thanks
Guidosarduchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2020, 11:47 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 68 3 wheel is slow..

i suspect the clutch. i know nothing about these or the mixing ratio.

To BGW. Others who know more will help you.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
Guidosarduchi
Not Yet Wild

Made some progress. The replacement drive belt I got was wider and shorter than the original. I popped the original back on and it is driving better. Up to 14 mph, was hoping for more. The torque is there again. I will keep tinkering was hoping it would go a little faster.
Guidosarduchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The 2 oz. per gallon should be fine. I use 1.5 oz per gallon but that little bit more you are using shouldn't cause any issues.

Right around 14-15 is right about where these carts run (ungoverned) so I actually think you are where you should be. Guys get nuts and put oversized pistons / cylinders in them which can get them closer to 18 -19 mph.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #5
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

If my timing is correct with all other factors like belt, compression, mixture. tire pressure, etc. I expect as much as 18 mph but that if all is set properly and my wife is not in the passenger seat. My wife is the biggest speed reducer I have!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson