lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #11
StealthRyder
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help with Stealth Patriot XR

Today, I took every battery connection off and cleaned it, then reseated it. Also, had one lose connection at the terminal block. Red wire? At this point after all of that, I still get a distinct click when the accelerator is pressed but, no go. Could this be a solenoid? I was able to get in touch with the company that sells parts so, I should be able to get what I need.
StealthRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2020, 08:06 AM   #12
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I had to take back bed off. My charger went out so I got the Roypow 105ah and replaced the feed cables with 2 ga wires and have been very happy with the results. Lots of get up and go, No more slowing on hills. Charge lasts about 40 miles, only took about 3 hours to charge from about 30% (took overnite with the FLA) and no more having to check those 2 batteries under the back! They were a pain in the *ss. Did have to keep 2 6-volts for the wench,lights and front differential. It was about $2,000, but I was going to have to buy new charger ($500) and batteries being about 5 yrs old, I figure my cost was about the same that I would spend in the next few years. The Roypow is suppose to be good for 10 years, we'll see.
IMG_1579.jpg
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:14 AM   #13
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRyder View Post
Today, I took every battery connection off and cleaned it, then reseated it. Also, had one lose connection at the terminal block. Red wire? At this point after all of that, I still get a distinct click when the accelerator is pressed but, no go. Could this be a solenoid? I was able to get in touch with the company that sells parts so, I should be able to get what I need.
You can look at the "Stickies" and do tests on the components one at a time to verify what may be bad. I would take the back seat compartment off so you can get to the controller (check all those connections) before I started buying/guessing which is bad. The Stealths were origionally based on Club Cars with some custom modifications made as they grew, but the testing should be the same as other carts. I still feel that you have a loose/bad connection somewhere. It's tough to narrow down when it isn't consistant.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:54 AM   #14
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would take the back seat compartment off so you can get to the controller (check all those connections) before I started buying/guessing which is bad.

Yep, and after you check those connections back there, leave the bed/back seat off until you see if that fixed it. If not you will need it off to test your solenoid and controller.

Brad, just checked out the RoyPow, I had never heard of that. 51volts on a 48volt system I bet it does get up and go! I will go with one of those when time to replace my batts.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #15
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Roypow well worth the extra money, I've been extremely happy
Old 08-25-2020, 02:09 PM   #16
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

At an average weight of 67lbs., 8 batts = 536lbs
That unit = 95lbs + 2 batts = 229lbs
536 - 229 = 307lbs in weight savings
That's a lot of weight you don't have to carry anymore.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #17
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Yes, and you can tell it when you drive it. Plus the pack gives continuous 51v power, no more sluggish hills. It'll snap your head back when you take off. My onboard charger went bad, so it was a no brainer for me. But with what I have experienced, I should have done it earlier.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:05 PM   #18
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for coming in and telling StealthRyder what to do to get his cart running and giving all us Stealth drivers a great tip on upgrading our power supply.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #19
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

We haven't heard back from him....hope he got it going.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #20
StealthRyder
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I took my cart into a local repair shop and they found I had a bad solenoid. They replaced it and sent it back in working order. The interesting part is now that the solenoid has been replaced it is back to the original problem. It will ride for a while without issue and then eventually when we are stopped for one reason or another, we press the gas and it will just click and go nowhere. Turn the key off, wait about 15 or 20 seconds, back on and it takes right off. One additional note, here and there when it comes out of the failing state when I take off it will JOLT into forward with more power than it would normally have. Does this indicate there is an issue with the MCOR?
StealthRyder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, electric cart, patriot, stealth, stealth patriot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts