lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
retiredtech
Not Yet Wild

Default big controller vs run time

We are planning a build based on the par car shuttle we just picked up. the plan is a the stock f/r solenoid system a 2 wire Curtis throttle and an Alltrax controller. the question that I have is if we were to put an sr48500 in vs an sr48300 what kind of run time difference do you all think we might see. I know this can vary dramatically based on how you are driving. So on the off chance the driver runs it like he wants to go a ways will it do that too. It would be nice to have the extra if we wanted it.
retiredtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: big controller vs run time

The biggest difference I see on run time is based on how fast I drive. Acceleration can absolutely have a huge effect, but with my cart being lighter than a lead acid cart the effect of hard accel is reduced. What I can say with absolute certainty is that I get huge differences in range based on speed. If I ride at 15/16mph I can easily get 5+ miles more range than if I ride at 22. Again, riding at 22 gives me a lot more range than riding at 29.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can limit amp draw in the controller. Personally, I would rather have the 500 AMP and limit it. If down the road you want more, you have the capacity.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
You can limit amp draw in the controller. Personally, I would rather have the 500 AMP and limit it. If down the road you want more, you have the capacity.
Also the 500 has a built in cooling fan and usually paired with a bigger solenoid... another thing is the 500 is work well below capacity and electronics naturally last longer when they are not working at max capacity
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
DanRoss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I put a 500 in my 36v cart and haven't had any issues with lower run time. I mostly use it to drive around campgrounds or to drive to my friends house 3 blocks away. I figured it was better to go big so there's room to upgrade plus like Scotty said I'm not taxing it with my use so it'll hopefully last me long enough to get tired of the cart and eventually upgrade.

All that said I haven't had any issues with run time, it's been ready willing and able every time I've wanted to use it.
DanRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!