lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #11
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is your Top Speed (GPS verified only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseman44 View Post
You really have no life to keep harrassing me over multiple internet forums. If you really have such an obession with me, quit crying like a baby through your keyboard, ill send you my address, and you can Just come meet up like and we can have a discussion like a men. This will be my last comment buying into your troll-ish behavior.
Now back To the point someones already posted what i stated, 40mph is possible with a huge over voltage lith pack and controller, so youre point is deaded right there. Your screen shot shows nothing considering you stated what you paid for parts after my comment.
Good luck with that gear swap in your rxv, thats a GREAT idea. Lmao
You have some serious reading comprehension issues if you think the one poster that achieved 40 miles an hour has the same level of mods that I do. Here let me spell it out for you since you can't figure it out for yourself: I have STOCK gears and STOCK motor.

Furthermore you're the dolt that decided to come in and light up my post over at golf cart modified with a completely false statement. As far as meeting up I'm closer than you think... ;)

Further still I don't have any roll back issues because I have the Navitas controller which mitigates the parking brake test rollback so yes gears are not a problem.

Lastly 75v is not overvolting anything. The curtis and the navitas can handle 72 without issue. To say nothing of many new carts also being 72v.
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #12
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsteak View Post
Neither of you are “lying”, calm down!

This is a silly squabble, but a great idea as a resource for people looking for speed, and ways to get there.

My current setup:
2002 Western 400 (EZ-GO TXT Chassis) Series cart
48v Trojan Led Acid (2 months old)

Custom High Speed Motor (from local builder)
Alltrax 600a DC controller (of course upgraded solenoid, 2g cables, etc.)
8:1 gears
20.5” Wheels (14” wheels + tires)

I purchased the controller, solenoid, and wires from ScottyB along with his reverse setup and some other stuff. If I isolate the core items, my setup was about $1600; add the wheels/tires, and I’m at $2100.

Top Speed on flat, using ways app: 40mph
Top Speed, down hill before I ran out of room, according to my radar tuned Exray: 43mph

I will be installing LiFePO4 as soon as I figure out what direction will get me the farthest range, my setup drinks a lot of juice at these speeds... I’m thinking I’ll need to spend at least $2500 on the lithium setup, if I build it myself...

That's badass man!!! How is yours handling 40?

Mine has been very very stable surprisingly enough.
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:48 AM   #13
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

58v lithium pack. Stock gears. Stock TXT48 motor. 23" tires, 6" lift, HD rear springs. Alltrax 300 controller.

I had the controller RPM limited to 5800 and it hit 29 to 30mph on GPS. It was really not fun at that speed. I changed the controller to limit to 5650 rpm as I want 28 to be my max, but I have no re-GPSed it since I reduced max RPM yesterday.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #14
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: What is your Top Speed (GPS verified only)

Old 04 PDS with new Navitas package with Blue tooth stock gears 23" tires. 38 MPH and will pull the front tires off the ground when I set the acceleration to max. Nothing new here guy's voltage = power & speed!

In fact I'm surprised that you aren't faster than that @ 72 volts! My old 72 volt cart ran 60MPH and it was DC with a Plum Quick motor & gears and it would ride about 20 feet on the back wheels when I wanted it to!

Attached Images
File Type: png TAC%202%20TXT%20crop.png (135.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 94186394_3621536941254077_240184346537885696_o.jpg (161.9 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:38 AM   #15
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Wow! This escalated very quickly. I was coming to comment that there are already multiple threads started on the forum that asks what everyone's top speed is and list their mods... but please carry on

BTW if you guys decide to meet up to "settle this", please record it and post back to this thread.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:48 AM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: What is your Top Speed (GPS verified only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Wow! This escalated very quickly. I was coming to comment that there are already multiple threads started on the forum that asks what everyone's top speed is and list their mods... but please carry on

BTW if you guys decide to meet up to "settle this", please record it and post back to this thread.

Yes please do.
72 volts and if not for the wheelie bars it would just flip over!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shady side.jpg (191.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg shady side2.jpg (260.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #17
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve390Gold View Post
That's badass man!!! How is yours handling 40?

Mine has been very very stable surprisingly enough.
Mine is WAY more stable than I had expected it to be. It's not at all uncomfortable at 40. My buddies cart is scary at 35, and I thought mine would be too, but for whatever reason it's not. Perhaps its the low-profile tires on big 14" rims, perhaps the steering is tighter on mine, I don't know. Buddies cart is not lifted either, and is a high-dollar custom "luxury" cart with A/C drive...

It'd be cool to figure out why some carts are more comfortable at high speed than others, if anyone has any guesses or insight; this could be a good resource for others building fast carts.

side note- I've got Leaf cells arriving today and should have them installed in a couple weeks, we'll see if I get any more speed out of the extra voltage. I currently have my controller tuned down a bit, I think I set it near 500a because the batteries and cables get extremely hot when running the full 600a for a couple miles at near wide open. Also, the batteries get GASSED if I floor it; I find I can maintain near the same top speeds using about ¾ throttle the way I have it set up, and it adds about 2 miles of range to driving it that way.
Tsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #18
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsteak View Post
side note- I've got Leaf cells arriving today and should have them installed in a couple weeks, we'll see if I get any more speed out of the extra voltage. I currently have my controller tuned down a bit, I think I set it near 500a because the batteries and cables get extremely hot when running the full 600a for a couple miles at near wide open. Also, the batteries get GASSED if I floor it; I find I can maintain near the same top speeds using about ¾ throttle the way I have it set up, and it adds about 2 miles of range to driving it that way.
What size cables do you have?
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #19
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
What size cables do you have?
2g cables
Tsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:06 AM   #20
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: What is your Top Speed (GPS verified only)

Stock rear end with D&D motor 400amp 48 volt Altrax controller. Tires are low profile don't know the size and it's pouring down raining so I'm not going out to see, and it does 28/30MPH on flat ground and can take a turn at speed with no issues.

I like a little more side wall on the rear tires to make them a bit taller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Little red3.jpg (153.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 95959213_10207344507888992_2950016600998150144_o.jpg (209.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D&D hS motor.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Little RED @ the beach.jpg (102.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!