lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2020, 10:00 PM   #11
CrawfordD
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 6 pass EZ go build

Well boys n girls - she's running!

Got the 48v system all dialed in and the Demon motor in her today.

Took it for a rip down my street with no body on it, can't imagine my neighbors were thrilled, but this thing hauls a$$! Will spin the tires on takeoff. The loudest part of it is the big main contactor smacking closed.

Motor is dead quiet and barely heated up at all, very, very happy with the setup. Still going to put on an extra fan to keep battery pack cool.

The brakes are officially sketchy AF, so they will be getting a re-do, and I really hope that my Jake's parts show up at some point. It's been over a month since I've ordered them from buggiesunlimited.com

For the time being I'm just going to put it back together with the stock 18" tires and fix the rear brakes.

Debating about ripping out the whole 12v wiring system and just replacing it, pretty hacked up and nasty. I think a new one on amazon is maybe $150 or so. Kinda sounds worth it right now.

More videos to come!
CrawfordD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #12
Tsteak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice work, sounds like all is going well... I am just wrapping up my build, and the sound system was an important part for me. I wound up going with a more conventional stereo, in a specific dash kit.

I went with a pair of JBL Stadium GTO 620 6.5" speakers, a JBL Stadium 2 amp, and a JVC marine audio head unit with bluetooth. A little internet research and all of this was about $330. It's really nice equipment and sounds incredible; it's also as loud as you would ever need. The amp is designed to run cool and draw very few amps from the batteries. I will be adding the JBL nano sub in the near future to give it a little punch, but the 6.5's sound good enough for most people without a sub... The new car head units are a lot shallower (smaller) now that they don't need to hold a CD, so that is a plus if space is tight.

On a limo cart, you could have a head liner made to fit 4 speakers (front and rear), and it would sound amazing, most cart shops will have an upholstery guy for that, just depends on how far you want to take it... In my case, I didn't want the speakers overhead... If you do something like this, you'll want to get the 30amp inverter from Scottyb, if you don't already have one...

Good luck on the rest, looking forward to see it all finished!
Tsteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:23 AM   #13
CrawfordD
Not Yet Wild

Well $h*t.....

2 things have popped up.

The first, and probably most annoying is that this is a limo cart and has 5 bolt wheels. So I had to ship the 4 bolt ones back, and am having some trouble finding 5-bolt wheels to put on this thing. Don't want to go over 12" if i can help it.

Anyone ever run into this? Solutions? Car wheel? pattern is a 5 bolt 4.5"

The second is that I wound up having to strip the entire wiring harness from the cart and now working on building one from scratch. Not exactly above my knowledge level, but slow work.

Gotta get some new brake shoes on order for this thing, one rip down the street was plenty with these current brakes. Glad I live on a long flat straight road.

Going to solve the immediate problems first before I worry about the stereo setup.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:40 PM   #14
CrawfordD
Not Yet Wild

Wanted to post a few updates to this cart build.

1) I managed to smoke out the main contactor that Scotty shipped with the original kit, so upgraded to the biggest one he sells with the magnetic breakouts. Very well worth the $100-ish.

2) My long travel kit is STILL on backorder from FEBRUARY. I'm moderately salty about it at this point.

3) I've sourced a large commercial-grade solar panel for a roof, and putting in this MPPT controller to charge battery while I'm out and about. It'll put out 470W at full sun so should make a big difference. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4) If anyone out there has experience, this is a call for help. I originally went with the Jake's long travel kit because I needed the stock spindles for the front brake kit. Since its stupidly backed up, I'm looking for options. Spindle lift is out, would a drop axle lift work? I'd really like to get this thing back together, its ghetto-sled fabulous right about now, no roof, etc.

5) Has anyone done a rear disc break conversion kit? Current cart has rear hydraulic drum brakes and they suck. Pros/Cons? Waste of money?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!