lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2018, 06:21 AM   #121
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV chassis based road car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Surely the snow has melted. Let us know what's going on with this project. I've been eagerly awaiting the next set of pictures.
Friday, I drove to Interstate Welding Supply and bought two 24" sections of 2" X 1/4" aluminum angle to weld to the battery box bottom, front and rear. I'm anxious to get the LiFePO4 cells and BMS installed into the battery box. I intend to fabricate a box hanger that allows me to use a shop crane to lift and lower the full battery box down into the back of the Bandolero. There will be over 200 pounds of LiFePO4 cells in that battery box. They are still all connected in parallel to keep them bottom balanced.

We went from snow and ice to hot & muggy or rain. For a while, it was switching back and forth as the winter storm would through and interrupt the coming spring warmup. Crazy weather! It's still parked out back on the trailer.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #122
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How did this build turn out Bob? I am really curious to learn more about your charging setup as well as learn how this car(t) turns out!
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #123
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

How the hell did I miss this? What was the result? And I thought I was the only one
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 02:55 PM   #124
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
Bob,

What are the advantages of using the 2P16S configuration of 100 AH batteries to get a 200 AH pack vs using a 16S configuration of 200 AH batteries ? More effective BMS? Redundancy in case of a failed cell?

Would the same logic apply if a person was to build a 100 AH pack using 2P of 50 AH batteries or a 120 AH pack using 2P of 60 AH batteries?

There is lots to learn about these "new fangled" lithium battery systems. I look forward to following your build.

Regards, 3CW
2p will also allow twice the draw.
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #125
Breclig
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for bumping an old thread but this is awesome! Hope Bob comes back and finishes the story!
Breclig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:07 PM   #126
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: RXV chassis based road car

I'd really like to see this updated and see what it looks like now.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!