lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2021, 08:45 AM   #81
Edward Lee
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ICON Owner's Master Thread (until more are created)

ATrain I have the ICON i40fl with 14" modz and 23" tires, I just installed a soundstream st4.1000db amp with a 10" JL sub and 4 - 5 1/4" inside of pods. My amp and sub are installed under drivers seat with my second dc converter wired directly from batteries with no interference at all. If you would like I can send you pics of setup. I am in the same spot as everyone besides you ( lol ) which is no help from dealer on software to get from 24mph to 30mph.
Edward Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2021, 03:59 PM   #82
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Lee View Post
ATrain I have the ICON i40fl with 14" modz and 23" tires, I just installed a soundstream st4.1000db amp with a 10" JL sub and 4 - 5 1/4" inside of pods. My amp and sub are installed under drivers seat with my second dc converter wired directly from batteries with no interference at all. If you would like I can send you pics of setup. I am in the same spot as everyone besides you ( lol ) which is no help from dealer on software to get from 24mph to 30mph.
I'd be curious how you managed to fit a 10" sub and all of that under the driver's seat. Pics!

The only thought here is your setup may not be key-switched since it's directly to the batteries, which is not a big deal, but it could drain your batteries if you're not careful.

If it is not switched, an easy/clever solution you could do is just install a $5 12v automotive relay that is controlled by the existing DC/DC since it's already key switched.

You'd just do:
  • #85 - Ground
  • #86 - 12v+ from the factory DC/DC output, since this is keys witched
  • #30 - 48v+ from the battery
  • #87 - 48v+ to YOUR DC/DC

That is just a little hack to make your whole setup key switched easily.

I think that would work as long as the relay supports the amps you're passing through it.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 05:29 PM   #83
Edward Lee
Not Yet Wild

ATrain still learning how to use the forum but here are some pics, installed switch in dash for amp and my dc converter is off of key switch, under front seat 10” Jl sun in sealed box made star board side panels that hold dc conv. and fuse bar on one side and st4.1000db soundstream amp on other. I also added a bar across top of frame under seat and installed a lock for security. I hope the pics come thru if not I can send them dm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B35C59D5-1A96-46BA-8569-FDACC6ED22BB.jpg (384.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1B2ED874-0460-42EE-B8DB-578753F432F0.jpg (218.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #84
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
ATrain still learning how to use the forum but here are some pics, installed switch in dash for amp and my dc converter is off of key switch, under front seat 10” Jl sun in sealed box made star board side panels that hold dc conv. and fuse bar on one side and st4.1000db soundstream amp on other. I also added a bar across top of frame under seat and installed a lock for security. I hope the pics come thru if not I can send them dm.
AH I thought you said earlier I40L, I missed "FL". I was wondering how the F you managed to get it under the seat with the batteries, but this makes more sense.

That looks great! That's good your DC is keyswitched. I like how you put a key for your seat latch. Keeps the bums out!

Send a link to where you bought that key/latch kit if you have one handy. It's hard to find that type of lock.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:15 AM   #85
Edward Lee
Not Yet Wild

Thank you sir the lock is called Homak toolbox lock, by the way do you know if there is a 6000rpm cap on the 2021 icons this what the gentleman that set mine said.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #86
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thank you sir the lock is called Homak toolbox lock, by the way do you know if there is a 6000rpm cap on the 2021 icons this what the gentleman that set mine said.
Gotcha. And no you can go higher than 6000rpm. I have a 2021 and I'm at like 7500 RPM I think. The software has an XML config file that just sets the upper/lower limits. The manufacturer just put extra safe numbers in there.

See this post to modify the XML - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...35&postcount=2
Old 09-03-2021, 03:50 PM   #87
jms0120
Not Yet Wild

I have been deciding between the Icon i60L and the EZGO Express L6 72v. I love the price of the Icon, but do not know how I feel about the new manufacturer and the warranty and ease of replacement parts! How have you guys found the customer service and quality of the carts?
jms0120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i40, i40l, i60l, icon, iconev
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon