lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I used some fiberglass and resin for some body work on a Club Car once, and Micro-Lite body filler as the top. It turned out great, and it is rather easy to do. If you have questions I'm sure anyone here could answer them.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
gary
Gone Wild

Yamaha

if you have scratches or dents just use bondo...as long as they arent like 6'' scratches where it could bend regular bondo will be fine.....i used rustoleum and thats the only paint i suggest for a cart...spriddle used krylon fusion and had good results but most had terrible outcomes...here is a pic of all my tools i used to get my paint perfect..just take your time and sand between EVERY coat (after you have a good coverage when you start a new color) get the paint to be just barely shiney when your sprayng it on..and when you think you've sanded enough on that coat, do it twice as much....and yes the fan tips are nice but you cant get them for the rustoleum cans...so just get that little pistol grip attatchment ull see in the pic below...its in the paint aisle in home dpot for like $3....dont even attempt this without it...best of luck...and hey your not that faw away from me, sometime this spring (i wouldnt try to paint in the winter) if you want any help just gimme a call and ill head over....also u can see how shiney it came out in the bottom pic....

gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:12 PM   #13
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

very nice job
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #14
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Has that been about a year or so??? How is the paint holding up. Sure looks
good in the pic!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
gary
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i kinda crewed up and didnt let the last coat of clear fully cure (only let it sit overnight) then i took it out and got it all mudd and didnt have a chance to get the mud off for about 24hrs....it ate holes in he clear coat of the front cowl..so i had to wetsand of the top layer and re cleear it but the pait is excellent...no chips or scratches....its held up much better than i expected....
Old 02-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #16
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You would be amazed what you can do with a small compressor and a HVLP gun.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #17
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungpo1
You would be amazed what you can do with a small compressor and a HVLP gun.
What's the smallest compressor that will run a paint gun and actually do a good job?

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

not too sure, long as you can run a steady 45psi your fine
Old 02-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #19
Rizzo20
Not Yet Wild

Gary, that turned out pretty **** sweet. I would be thrilled if mine turned out that good. I'll take your advice and wait for warmer weather. I have a heated garage, but I've been struggling to keep it 50* in there lately.
Rizzo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #20
gary
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i mean a heated garage would work as long as u can maintain a constatnt temp of whats recomended on the can for that paint...also then you have fumes and overspray to worry about......
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint