lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
chevyz98
Not Yet Wild

Default Transporting with top on?

Do most people transport the cart with the top and and windshield folded down,or take it all off? Im taking mine about three hours away to the deer lease and would like to know what the census has to say.
chevyz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Done Deal
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Transporting with top on?

I trailer mine a hour and a half each way 4 or more times a year. I leave the top on,I do flod the windshield down and I have never had a problem. I pull
my cart onto the trailer. A friend backed his cart onto his trailer and when he took off down the road the wind pressure blew the windshield off of his cart.
Mine is a Club Car and I have never had a problem. Many people at the campground trailer their cart from further away than 2 hours. I guess taking the top and windshield would be the safest but I do not take mine off.
Done Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Top should be ok but remove the windsheild. It will make the trailer sway.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I take the windshield off and anything over 65 mph the top in moving around like crazy.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I see tops going down the road all the time, though things like that ride nicer behind a full size truck that moves the air out of the way more. However I found a damaged windshield laying along the highway once so I'd be very careful with those. I can't run any here way too many trees on the trails....sometimes we make our own trails lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
stuff4mason
G8 Club Founding Member

Yamaha

I also trailer mine. We are 3 hours from the campground and have hauled ours at least 10 times so far. We fold the windshield down and leave the top on it. We also do around 74-75 mph with the cart. Went through 4 major storms with it just last weekend. We've never had problems. Just bugs. Make sure your tops screws are tight at the dashboard and on the top itself.
stuff4mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha