lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Turbo opinion

Alright guys I need an opinion on installing my RHB3 turbo to my diesel golf cart. Which way would be best to mount?

1.) Mount direct onto the manifold with exhaust forward. (I would need to make a U shape downpipe to go to exhaust tip. Probably best for intake)
2.) Mount direct onto the manifold with exhaust back. (would need a S shape downpipe to go to the exhaust. The intake would also be close to the body of the cart. )
3.) Mounted offset towards the middle of the motor. Would need to build a pipe to go to turbo. (still need a S shape downpipe. And the intake for turbo would have better chance of getting cooler air.)

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Turbo opinion

Are there any other manifold options? It would be nice to have a center-side exhaust manifold. The middle picture -- 6" extension to turbo -- exhaust straight out over the torque converter -- ---- what compression options are you using? Aftercooler or straight duct work? You have plenty of room, just have to keep the air moving.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Are there any other manifold options? It would be nice to have a center-side exhaust manifold. The middle picture -- 6" extension to turbo -- exhaust straight out over the torque converter -- ---- what compression options are you using? Aftercooler or straight duct work? You have plenty of room, just have to keep the air moving.
I am planning on straight duct work. I will keep an eye on temps. If it gets to hot i will add an intercooler. I cant find any other manifold options. The turbo is rated from 100cc to 900cc so I'm not sure lol. Im new to adding turbos lmao

Old 01-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you do need an inter cooler look at one from a VW GTI with a 1.8t. It’s perfect cart size and probably the only reliable part in the VW parts bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:51 PM   #5
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got a turbo from a 1.8l passat i was originally going to use lol

Old 02-01-2018, 07:55 AM   #6
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

The GTI has two small inter coolers about the size of a phone book, maybe even a little smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!