lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default transporting?

just a quick question, im planning on buying a nice set of ramps and puttin my cart in the bed of my truck when i take it somewhere. my question is the top....its the extended top, do i need to take it off when i haul it? will the wind rip it off the cart? theres no windshield on the cart. thanks for any input
paintguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: transporting?

manufactures say no more than 50mph with a top on the cart, its just 4 bolts, no biggy to take off, keep your cart from popping a wheelie
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I know this is the gas section so this is a gas cart correct?
Make sure your ramps are rated for your cart and YOU as a combined weight.
Also you should have safety chains or cables that run from the middle or lower portion of the ramp and hook to the back bumper or hitch of the truck to prevent the ramps from kicking out.
A kick out can get very ugly, very fast.........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Actually, the safest thing to do would be to mount one of the $59.00 Harbor Frieght winches to the front of your cart and winch it in the truck without anyone in it.

Sorry to be so anal about this but I have seen a riding tractor kick a ramp out and the old guy didn't fair to well.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
gdunn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My cart roof has seen 85 mph with no problems. I have a Heavy plastic Yamaha top on my EZGO
gdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
paintguy83
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yea its a gasser, the ramp i think im goin to get is a tri fold (with the safety chains) want a tri fold so i dont haveta worry bout gettin it lined up perfectly every time. and the winch is a good idea havent really thought bout that til you said something, sounds alot safer....cant gurantee a no beer loading event hahaha
paintguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Make sure your ramps are arched or you will drag the bottom of the cart and knock the ramp out from under you. (yes, I have been there) Lowes has a nice set.
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO