lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2021, 06:15 PM   #11
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Cart down

OK I replaced the contactor with Scotties SW202 unit I still have the same issue I tried to upload some videos but they will not load?
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2021, 09:27 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Just posted to follow
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:37 PM   #13
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I do NOT know how the contactor actually works but here are some of the reading I have,
In "R" 51.2V on S1 out of the Contactor
In "F"F 1.02V on S2 out of the Contactor
I checked the power to the Contactor from the switch and have the same voltage on both sides when in forward and reverse. 1.08V
It seems to me that the contactor is not opening in forward to allow voltage to run the motor?? I had the same readings on the old and new contactor. What to look at next?
Old 11-29-2021, 08:29 PM   #14
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So to recap what I have:
SPM controller smoked- replaced with SP48400
Cart will only go in Reverse,Only shudders in Forward
ScottyB and I have communicated through 65 emails.
Replaced Contactor with SW202 and have the same result?
I will attach the controller settings and I hope someone can compare to their settings.I have downloaded from Altrax the wiring diagram for SP controller and Rev Contactor and have noticed that it is different than the diagram that came with ScottyB part? If ANYONE has any ideas of what to check that would GREAT!
https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...1&d=1638235141
https://buggiesgonewild.com/attachme...1&d=1638235141
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0402.jpg (131.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0403.jpg (157.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-30-2021, 10:49 AM   #15
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Is it possible that you have a corroded cable/connection on the forward side? Swap cables and see if the problem moves with the cable.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #16
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If I swap S1 and S2 the cart will go OK in forward but shutters in Reverse. The S2 cable is clean and test good.
Old 11-30-2021, 11:05 AM   #17
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

All your connections look corroded. Order new cables (cheap) and I would start from battery negative, clean/replace cables, working your way back to battery positive.

https://www.batterycablesusa.com/2-g...battery-cables
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Here are my settings.

On your throttle settings set YOUR TORQUE CURVE back to "STANDARD"

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #19
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

OK,Thanks
Old 11-30-2021, 01:03 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the symptoms are runs okay in R and shudders in F and when the S1/S2 cables are swapped it runs okay in F and shudders in R, than the problem is either a poor NO contact on the solenoid energized when F is selected or poor NC connection on the solenoid not energized when F is selected. (Or there is a slight chance the SRs reverse speed slider is set too low)

Much to my dismay, I don't have schematics of a reversing contactor showing the actual current paths through the NO and NC contacts when F is selected or when R is selected, but a reversing contactor is simply two SPDT solenoids whose contacts are wired so the polarity of S1 and S2 depends on which of the two solenoids is energized.

The closest thing I have is from the SW202 datasheet, but is has the direction of amp flow through the armature windings being reversed rather than the stator windings like EZGO does it. Also both solenoids are de-energized while in actual operation, one is energized and the other isn't.

------------
If I had this cart in front of me, I'd measure the voltage between the two coil terminals on each of the solenoids in both F and R. The coils are supposed to be being energized with FULL battery pack voltage, if on is getting less than FULL battery pack voltage, it may not be closing the NO contacts properly.

I'd also set the SR's reverse speed slider to 100% so the output voltage in F or R would be the same. Then the voltage between m- and B+ ought to be the same when in F or R with the pedal pressed the same. From the symptoms, the voltage is going to be lower in F than R, and you ought to be able the follow the amps through the NO and NC contacts to find the missing voltage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO