lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
Mikell47fr
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Melex old 667

Can anyone help me with the pot wiring please?

I have read many thread saying there should be 2 wires going from the potentiometer to the controller and it should show a resistance from 0 ohms to 5K. I read 0 to 7K between a black and blue wire but there is a third green wire which is confusing me.

I would be grateful for any assistance or guidance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-6110.jpg (214.2 KB, 0 views)
Mikell47fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2021, 01:09 AM   #2
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Melex old 667

I kinda asked the same question several weeks ago in the electrics section. Not sure anyone but the Melex engineer that designed it really knows the answer. It sure doesn't agree with what Curtis says in the controller manual.

That being said you should still only get something close to 5k between the two wires connected directly to the pot, if you are reading more than that you probably have a bad pot. The pot is actually 4.7k and the best price I found was Amazon.
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:27 AM   #3
Mikell47fr
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Smile Re: Melex old 667

Thanks for your reply. I think a straight forward 0 to 5K potentiometer would do the trick as you say, the Curtis manual explains this clearly. The configuration someone 'botched together' in the photo gives a resistance range of 6.2K to 67K. That probably explains why I get nothing on the pedal until about half way down and then it goes way too fast!!! I live in France (I am English) and this old Melex tipper came from a farm - I expect they just probably tried what was at hand - the potentiometer was actually from Mexico....... So I am waiting for a 5K long shaft pot and will let you know if it works. Stay safe - Mike
Mikell47fr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
potentiometer wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex