lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
torence20
Not Yet Wild

Default 8" lift probems

hey fellers i just put an 8" lift on my 85 club car went pretty smooth for the most part had to adjust my brakes when i was done so they wouldnt hang up. when i was done with it it wouldnt run and i found that my throttle/governor linkage was all bound up i got it somewhat loosened up but it will only throttle up about half way now and seems really underpowered? any ideas? do i need to adjust something else? my cart has the a frame style engine trans craddle under it and at one point it was dropped down pretty far away from the body but sinceall of the components are bolted to it i wouldnt think that it would have gotten any cables out of whack but maybe i am wrong. i realise with bigger tires on it. it is going to naturally rob more hp to get the thing rolling but that linkage was nice and free before i started
torence20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 8" lift probems

Although larger diameter tires may take more power to get rolling, my carts rolls much easier (with 23-27 inch tires) than it used to when I leave it in neutral and push it around by hand. If yours does not, I think you stil might have something binding.
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts