lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
JCM 1420
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Ezgo electric project. Advice and opinions needed. (with pics)

Hey guys,
First off I've learned a lot from reading over the forum thus far but I figured it was time to start a thread and get some input.

What I have is a 1999 Ezgo DCS. How I came about it is a long story, but essentially I just picked up for a project. I'm admittedly a complete newbie (other than riding on carts at the country club) to this world.

The cart was left sitting outside and hasn't ran in 3 or 4 years and wasn't running when it was abandoned. From discussions with the previous owner it seems it may have been something as simple as a short, but now I have several more problems as the cart has been sitting.

I'm not trying build the baddest cart ever, just get this one running as a learning experience and maybe move on to some better things in the future. Right now I'm most concerned with if I will be able to get it running without dumping too much money into it. If I can get it running I'll then work on cosmetics and maybe a few other small things.

So far I know my batteries are shot, and plan on buying new ones. I've cleaned the years of debris and rats nests out of the cart, and removed the old batteries so I can access the wiring and begin fixing problems and repairing torn and chewed wires. But I know that it is only a matter of time before I have to shell out for batteries and get some juice to it and see what I'm working with.

Here are a few pics, before and after battery and controller removal. Also it has and Alltrax 300 amp DCX controller that I'm hoping isn't shot. Provided the controller and motor are o.k. I can handle other things, solenoids, resistors, coils, etc.

Sorry for the long thread, but if you managed to read all this any ideas, opinions or advice (even telling me I'm and idiot for tackling this) would be appreciated.
JCM 1420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO