lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #21
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

Default Re: to rattle can.....

If you use a compressor, make sure you put a water filter on. It might not be as big a deal in other parts of the country, but in texas where it's REALLY humid, it will screw up the paint/start to run, and you'll have to start all over again.
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #22
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree even if you have to use those cheap filters that attach to the gun!!! If water gets in the paint you will have problems.
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #23
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungpo1 View Post
I agree even if you have to use those cheap filters that attach to the gun!!! If water gets in the paint you will have problems.
I have a old filter that you take apart and put a roll of toliet paper in it (without the inner core). I got it when I was about 16 when I was working at a local body shop her in town. Best filter that I have ever used....
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #24
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I am planning to paint my G22 with rattle cans, does the Krylon Fusion have the fan nozzle? I like aerosols that have a wide path, not just a mist. Are there any brands that have that also?

What exactly is the Krylon Fusion? What makes it special when compared to all the rest?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #25
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
I am planning to paint my G22 with rattle cans, does the Krylon Fusion have the fan nozzle? I like aerosols that have a wide path, not just a mist. Are there any brands that have that also?

What exactly is the Krylon Fusion? What makes it special when compared to all the rest?
Not sure I never used the stuff but it has good flex to it or something. I never had paint crack so not too sure the the deal is. I think duplicolor has good rattle can piant.
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #26
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

My dad works for DuPont, so he COULD get me any kind of paint I wanted. The only problem with that is the fact that all their paints, though great, have to have activator and hardener and all kinds of stuff mixed with them, so you need a respirator to even be near.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #27
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Around here the paint stores can make any color you want and put it in a spray can. I have had some color matched to my vehicles for misc. trin and had good results. On my truck I painted the rollpan with it, turned out great until the gas can dumped in the bed and ran down it! NAPA paint stores can also custom mix and put in a spray can. I am getting ready to spray mine and have not decided how I am going to do it, but am leaning towards the gun and industrial enamel paint.
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #28
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphillip View Post
I have a old filter that you take apart and put a roll of toliet paper in it (without the inner core). I got it when I was about 16 when I was working at a local body shop her in town. Best filter that I have ever used....
Is it two ply??
spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #29
mulecart76
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Is it two ply??
Scott or Charmin?
mulecart76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #30
club car man
Ford

Use basecoat/clearcoat, it'll last forever.
club car man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint