lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
JCM 1420
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Ezgo electric project. Advice and opinions needed. (with pics)

Hey guys,
First off I've learned a lot from reading over the forum thus far but I figured it was time to start a thread and get some input.

What I have is a 1999 Ezgo DCS. How I came about it is a long story, but essentially I just picked up for a project. I'm admittedly a complete newbie (other than riding on carts at the country club) to this world.

The cart was left sitting outside and hasn't ran in 3 or 4 years and wasn't running when it was abandoned. From discussions with the previous owner it seems it may have been something as simple as a short, but now I have several more problems as the cart has been sitting.

I'm not trying build the baddest cart ever, just get this one running as a learning experience and maybe move on to some better things in the future. Right now I'm most concerned with if I will be able to get it running without dumping too much money into it. If I can get it running I'll then work on cosmetics and maybe a few other small things.

So far I know my batteries are shot, and plan on buying new ones. I've cleaned the years of debris and rats nests out of the cart, and removed the old batteries so I can access the wiring and begin fixing problems and repairing torn and chewed wires. But I know that it is only a matter of time before I have to shell out for batteries and get some juice to it and see what I'm working with.

Here are a few pics, before and after battery and controller removal. Also it has and Alltrax 300 amp DCX controller that I'm hoping isn't shot. Provided the controller and motor are o.k. I can handle other things, solenoids, resistors, coils, etc.

Sorry for the long thread, but if you managed to read all this any ideas, opinions or advice (even telling me I'm and idiot for tackling this) would be appreciated.
JCM 1420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Ezgo electric project. Advice and opinions needed. (with pics)

Nothing wrong with this project, hopefully some batteries and a few wires will get her going
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #3
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

the first thing you should do is go to the "stickys" at the top of the forum and download and read the ezgo manuels there. They will give you a good start on learning about the golf car
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
JCM 1420
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
the first thing you should do is go to the "stickys" at the top of the forum and download and read the ezgo manuels there. They will give you a good start on learning about the golf car
Already well into them.

Been scouring wiring diagrams trying to figure out the way this controller was hooked up, one of the one think that has me stumped as of right now is the coil that was mounted directly over the controller...

And thanks for the welcome!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM 1420 View Post
Already well into them.

Been scouring wiring diagrams trying to figure out the way this controller was hooked up, one of the one think that has me stumped as of right now is the coil that was mounted directly over the controller...

And thanks for the welcome!
As it should be
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: 1999 Ezgo electric project. Advice and opinions needed. (with pics)

Since it has the Alltrax DCX controller in it go to their website and look at the drawing for it.

This is the wiring you should use. There is nothing hard just time consuming and elbow grease want fix.
Good luck and take plenty of pictures.

http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...S-wire-dia.pdf
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

o, yes,,,,, WELCOME to the forum and site
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #8
JCM 1420
Not Yet Wild

update: Got the controller and solenoid pulled out and cleaned up the battery compartment a little bit.

Waiting until Wednesday when the solenoid will be in to pick it and my new batteries up and hopefully get this thing runnin.

Currently debating whether I'm going to use welding cable and make my own new set of battery cables, or just order a set... It all depends on how the prices work out (will have to use local shop to get cable and ends, not patient enough to order online). If the price difference is significant I'll start fabing up some cables tomorrow, if not then I'll just order a new set.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
WIN.308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Get your 2ga cables from Carts Unlimited, the best I've seen and he will get em to you quick.
WIN.308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIN.308 View Post
Get your 2ga cables from Carts Unlimited, the best I've seen and he will get em to you quick.
This is good advice. Can't beat the quality, price or fast shipping. You can have them before you could get the pieces and make your own.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO