lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lift options and opinions for Electric ezgo

New guy here, this is a cool site. I have been lurking for a few days. I have been given an ezgo. I am not sure of the year but I think it's 00 or newer. I know There was a split and suspension differences I have noted so this is more of a generalization question at this point.

What are yalls thoughts in a kit? I see drop axle kits. Drop axle kits that use stock spindles. What's better useing stock spindles or a kit with its own new ones? I see just drop spindle kits. Other than a drop spindle is easier to install vs The whole drop axle is There any other benefit of just a drop spindle?

I know if it's older than a certain date it looks like you can use blocks. There cheap but any negatives to those?

I see lots of folks talking about jakes. Any other brands with experience? I probably will buy off ebay but would buy from anywhere though.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I will be around awhile while I turn this stock cart into a cruseing/hunting buggy.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift options and opinions for Electric ezgo

No one with advice or opinions for the new guy ?
Old 04-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
bdsii
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I am watching this thread....have similar questions also :-)
bdsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #4
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

New guy myself, but I'll give my opinion

Spindle lift: Suitable for mainly street use, no suspension help (I would use Jakes for good reputation of not breaking)

Drop axle: Suitable for any use, but with no suspension help (many brands will work just fine) (Steeling, Rhox, Jakes, EZGO, All Sports, etc.)

Long-travel: Suitable for any use, greatly softens front suspension (jakes and All Sports are the only 2 choices here) (most expensive option, but the best option)

New spindles are always a good thing, just cost more money than kits without spindles generally.

EZGO, Jakes and AllSports are solid brands.
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I've been around for about five years, but I never could justify raising the center of gravity of a narrow track, short wheelbase vehicle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #6
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I've been around for about five years, but I never could justify raising the center of gravity of a narrow track, short wheelbase vehicle.
I can see that opinion witH a golfcart that goes 28mph!!!
Old 04-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #7
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Why on the spindle lift? Ease and time to do it? I know it has to be 10x faster than taking the whole front axle out and installing The drop axle.

I just want opinions or reasons. I am not sold on any company or method. I am leaning toward spindle fronts as it accomplishes the same thing and it still maintains your geometry even though a drop axle kit would as well too.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #8
harleyman1340
Not Yet Wild

I looked at carts for years in hopes of putting a lift kit on, I finally sold my cart and bought one that was already lifted.
First off, if the bracket holding the steering wheel column at the floor board has 3 bolts it's a 2001.5 or earlier, if it has 4 bolts it's a 2001.5 or later. The most popular lift kit seems to be a drop axel kit, personally I like the looks better than a spindle lift but of course it's more expensive. If the front springs are in good shape a spindle lift might be easier but if you need/want to change the front springs go ahead and put the drop axel kit on. As far as performance I don't know if either kit has any advantages. While you are in there go ahead and put shock boot covers on, it offers no advantage other than looks. In back, go ahead and put heavy duty springs on, if you plan on putting a rear seat on you'll be glad you put new spings on. Of course if the shocks are in bad shape go ahead and replace them while you are in there.
harleyman1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #9
Tbirddipp
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Everything that harleyman1340 said is spot on. The only thing that I might add is that they say a drop spindle lift will make the cart unstable at higher speeds. I have one on mine but I'm also not going very fast with mine either and it feels plenty stable to me. Mine (Jakes 6" spindle lift) was super easy to install also. Also the heavy duty rear springs are a must if your going to add a rear seat or haul anything heavy.
Tbirddipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #10
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea Rear seat is a must with the wife she said. I also want one with the flip down to carry stuff. I see where your going with the rear option. I will hold off on HD springs at first but get what your saying. It's not a big deal if in The future I decide to add them anyway. But at first I see nothing much hauled back there. Maybe a deer if I'm lucky this next fall? Maybe a grand parent or two but that won't happen often or hardly ever right now.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO