lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default WTB Melex primary clutch

I need the primary clutch for a 512 gas melex. If the original part is no longer available, what are my options?
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
gadavis
Gone Wild

Default Re: WTB Melex primary clutch

I have a used 97 club car drive and driven set if they can be used. might ask some of the gurus on here. Gene Davis Tennille, Ga.
gadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: WTB Melex primary clutch

Good, let's wait for some response.

I know for a fact (I have installed one already) that the secondary of a ClubCar can be used in a Hyundai. The Melex has a unique primary clutch as it requires a woodruff key to keep it in place in addition to the main bolt.

The other option that is available is to repair my original drive clutch. Two of the springs were broken thus the tension is gone. I suppose nobody makes that kind of spring anymore.
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Melex