lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
glenn9812
Not Yet Wild

Default heavy duty vs dual action

What's the difference between the dual action leaf springs and heavy duty leaf springs? Have a ezgo txt 04 I'm lifting and will primarily be used on the beach sand. Let me know what I should be looking at!
glenn9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2020, 12:31 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: heavy duty vs dual action

Dual action will have a second helper spring that is working only when the cart is loaded. This can produce a smoother ride for a cart that only occasionally sees a heavy load as opposed to having constant duty heavy duty springs.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Go with dual action, I put heavy duty on mine and it was really stiff.
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #4
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

I went to heavy duty springs when I put my rear seat on but before I added the lift. The HD springs rode like a dump truck 100% of the time, even through my parents mostly smooth yard, it was very harsh with or without people on it. Fast forward a year and I decided to lift the cart and added taller tires, bigger wheels and the dual action springs. So far, it rides slightly better when nobody is on the back compared to the heavy duty ones, but not as nice as stock. When you put people back there, it rides quite nice. I do think its a good compromise between stock and HD, and doesn't ride too bad with 4 adults on the cart.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #5
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Like the dual action on mine
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

I can confirm that the Heavy Duty springs on my heavy duty cart ride terrible unless I have 500 to 1000 lbs on the cart.

Most definitely, if you have the requirement for occasional heavier loads, then dual action are the way to go.

If you are looking at conventional loads only, then conventional springs may work better for you.

Also of note is that a number of BGW members have noted that the reduced weight of lithium batteries vs. lead acid has resulted in a rougher ride. You really need to match your springs to your expected load conditions.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:12 AM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

.. and if you don't have a backseat or cargo box you don't need either.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #8
glenn9812
Not Yet Wild

going to be using it mainly on the beach in the sand. Will have passengers or some sort of load majority of the time. May just go with the duel spring for the little time we use it on the road
glenn9812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:58 PM   #9
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m building a stretch cart (6 passenger) with a 276 pound lithium battery plus a sub in the back and all sorts of accessories. When I stretched the frame I bet I added 75-100 pounds of steel to it.

Right now I’m going to try 3 leaf heavy duty with coil overs in the back. It’s pretty overkill for the cart. Will be lifted 6-8 inches as well.

Im thinking perhaps I went too harsh but was concerned about the weight (6 passenger, heavy batteries, sub, lots of extra steel and a long travel suspension kit. Guess if it’s too harsh easy enough to swap out.
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 06:21 PM   #10
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a slightly used set of heavy duty springs pay the shipping and they are yours
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts