lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Red face Electric circuit setup - Big Block Upgrade EZGO TXT

I don't know if this subject belongs in this forum or on the Big Block forum, so don't flame me.

I just upgraded the engine on my 2006 EZGO TXT to a 18HP Vanguard from CPP (thanks Tom, everything is running smoothly). As per the installation instructions I disconnected all the 'stock' electronic circuitry. Therefore, I now figure out how to 're-connect' the following accessories: i. brake lights, ii. headlights, iii. horn, iv. fuel gauge. Fuel gauge is pretty straightforward, since I was planning on using the hot 'On' cable from the key switch.

Now I am trying to figure out how to connect the rest of the accessories (i. through iii. above). There are a couple of ideas I have been tossing around for these accessories and I would really appreciate your input on the matter :

1. Use the Vanguard's solenoid as the 'switch' for most of the electric stuff. That way if my cart is left unattended form more than 14 days, these accessories won't drain the battery. My main worry is that I am not sure if this solenoid should carry all this load .

2. Connect all accessories directly to the battery, except iv. above. What worries me about this setup is the probability of slow battery drainage .

3. Connect all accessories to the hot 'On' cable from the key switch. My main worry here is the load of the accessories on this tiny cable .

4. Use ANOTHER solenoid as a hot switch for the accessories. Main worry here is that the current of the battery for start up would have to be 'shared' among two solenoids .

Anyone bored yet??
zarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Electric circuit setup - Big Block Upgrade EZGO TXT

Didn't all those run through the second position on the dash key switch before?
stock, the fuel gage only works when the cart is running, not off the key switch. I guess it doesn't matter where you hook it to though.
Did you look at a wiring diagram in the manual?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
Didn't all those run through the second position on the dash key switch before?
stock, the fuel gage only works when the cart is running, not off the key switch. I guess it doesn't matter where you hook it to though.
Did you look at a wiring diagram in the manual?
According to the wiring diagram:
1. Some of the accessories run from the key switch -> solenoid -> accessory.
2. Others are key switch -> accessory.

I know that this is the stock method. However, when you change the engine you also have the chance to 'improve' the electrical circuitry. Also, I was wondering what other member's experience was .

On the TXT, the fuel gauge is engaged as soon as the switch is 'On'.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I ran a jumper to a new style fuse block from battery then hooked all accessories to fuses. cuzky :old gezer with big block
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum cuzky.......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #6
zarak
Not Yet Wild

Just if anyone is interested. What I ended up doing was taking the switched wire from the key switch (yellow) to a 20 amp 4 leg relay ($4 at your local truck shop)..

Whenever there is electricity flowing from the yellow wire, the relay circuit enagages and allows the current from the + battery pole to flow to the fuse block and thus to the accesories. With the key switch in the off position, the circuit is disengaged, and there is no electricity to the accessories. Currently I have connected the following accesories to the relay:
- Head Lights
- Hour meter
- Fuel gauge

My plan is to connect EVERYTHING to the relay (horn, brake lights). I hate it when accesories drain the batteries...

I only did this because I didn't want to overload the yellow wire on the key switch with a bunch of accessories...
Old 01-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Slamminsam
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Im trying to do a similar thing, would like ot hear more about if if you dont mind. im wanting to run one power wire up front and then run my accessories off of that. a fan, winch, stereo, lights, etc.
you can email me john.ellsworth@nov.com
thx
Slamminsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO