lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
TaylorG90
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2017 EZGO RXV controller upgrade

It appears I have gone about upgrading my cart in the wrong order. I have 23x10-14 all terrain tires and a 6in drop spindle lift kit to put on my 2017 RXV. It does have freedom mode enabled on the stock controller and goes about 22-23mph as of now. I want to make sure I don't burn up my controller. I am assuming I would need to upgrade to the the Curtis 350? I have looked online and can not find one anywhere so I do not even have a price point on what one costs. Any help would be appreciated.
TaylorG90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2017 EZGO RXV controller upgrade

There are a few people on here that get them on occasion so your best bet would be to post a WTB in the parts for sale section.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:36 PM   #3
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I recently replaced mine with a Navitas controller, but I’ll share my past experience to give you something to mull over. I have the same setup as you’re talking about and ran my cart with the supposedly fragile danaher controller for 7 years, mostly on off road trails, and often loaded to the gills. My favorite was a 5 mile uphill trail in the sierras that I would run with 4 adults, 1 child, and 2 dogs. It never missed a beat and I finally replaced it because I wanted the increased tunabilility and power of the Navitas. So, if you have anywhere near the luck I had, you can probably run the stock controller with your new setup for a little while while you look for an upgraded controller. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:40 PM   #4
TaylorG90
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I appreciate the insight. How do you like the Navitas?
TaylorG90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:27 PM   #5
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It’s fantastic. Almost infinitely customizable using the app and Bluetooth. Clocked 41mph with lithium batteries on 23” tires. You can crank the acceleration up to the point where it’s almost undriveable because it wants to lift the wheels off the ground. Good fun to try but you’ll set it somewhere below that for everyday driving. That’s the beauty of the adjustability. Navitas’ customer support has been fantastic when I’ve had questions on setup. Really nice people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, curtis, ezgo, rxv, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO