lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #1
mowinman2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV brakes dragging. Barely moves.

I come to the gurus in need of assistance!
2012 RXV is having issues. Turn the key to neutral, to go through normal start up procedures, and everything sounds normal with clicking. In either forward or reverse, pressing the accelerator pedal (full or low throttle) causes the cart to move about 5 inches and then all power at pedal is gone. Key off and back on to go through clicking sequence to engage power at pedal again. When it is moving forward or back those 5 inches, it sounds like the motor is dragging/grinding. I thought it was the parking brake causing the dragging sound, but I removed it from side of motor, and nothing changed.
It’s almost like the motor is causing the internal brakes to engage, and after a certain amount of time, it kills all power.
Lastly, after a random amount of on/off switching, I was trying to limp it into the garage 5” at a time, and it jumped and jolted forward, and kind of “broke free”. I was able to drive it around like normal forwards and backwards. Key off and back on. It seemed to work like it always has. After it sat overnight on the charger, it went back to this situation.

50.7 pack voltage.
12.69 on each battery (batteries are 3 weeks old)
50.1 volts to parking brake.
27 ohms on the parking brake.

Didn’t know what else to check.
Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide!
mowinman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 08:25 PM   #2
mowinman2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV brakes dragging. Barely moves.

Meant to add, when in tow mode, and with the parking brake removed, it free wheels perfectly with no hesitation or noise coming from motor.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:19 PM   #3
mowinman2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV brakes dragging. Barely moves.

I’m starting to think it’s the encoder bearing.

Tags
brake, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO