lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #1
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default One way to get 2” of lift in the rear

So I recently lifted the front of my cart 2.5” due to rubbing issues and then I ended up with a squat look, not my kind of thing, it was really bad when my two kids hopped on the back too.
So in the past I added a 1.75” longer shackle in the rear and that gave me about 3/4” of lift, that helped a bit when I needed it, but I really wanted another 2” I read a lot and had no luck except for doing a new 3” lift, witch I didn’t really want to do or remake a very long shackle, witch I really didn’t want.
So I came up with the idea of purchasing a set of trailer slipper springs and cutting off the ends and using one or even both to re-arch my stock single cart leaf spring. So I made the purchase, along with a new unbolt set to fit the same application. When I received them I got to it, cut the ends unbolted the leaf pack and mounted them up, started with one (the bigger leaf) only gave me 1” disassembled it and added the second one, all said and done it gave me a solid 2.25”! I did have to drill out a few holes on the old mounting plate to fit the new ubolts.
If your looking to lift the rear an 1” or 2” I’d recommend doing this! All-n-all it was a simple process, it gave me what I wanted and the ride is not even that stiff, I though this thing was going to be super stiff in the rear, but it’s very doable and not annoying.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #2
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: One way to get 2” of lift in the rear

Here are the springs and ubolts
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F3693572-85E0-4BC3-BE97-0D1AC5EBAFA6.jpeg (156.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 53347D83-C82E-4538-9D42-22AB54C445A0.jpg (23.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-10-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you could have just put the stock leaf springs on top of the axle and gained about the same. but you have a stronger set up the way you did it
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #4
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
you could have just put the stock leaf springs on top of the axle and gained about the same. but you have a stronger set up the way you did it
Yeah I had no luck in finding the top mount perch just by it’s self or else I would of. That would of gave me a lot of lift I probably would have had to install my old shackles.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #5
DragracerUSA
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Where did you make the cut on your add on springs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXeD-OuT-CLUB View Post
Here are the springs and ubolts
DragracerUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car