lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #21
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: InfiniteReality's '99 Lowered EZGO TXT Build

Nice 3d print designs😊
I bought an ender 3 a year ago and have been printing a lot of cart stuff. Have slowly been upgrading the printer, filament feed guides,relocated spool holder, billet filament feeder,ect. Solid printers with a few minor upgrades, many can be made on the printer itself.

Just finished up a pair of flag holders that clamp around the rear roof supports of the hard top. Most all my prints come from files found on line as I have not attempted to do any designs of my own yet. Recently printed a blank that covers the ball holder on the dash. Made some cutouts for key switch,light switch, f+r, along with volt meter. This moved everything closer to drivers side so no need to reach as far to move selector switch or key switch. Now printing a blank to replace old switch plate.
Thingverse has a fair amount of golf cart files to use 😊

Maybe post some of your print files here. Other cart owners with printers might want to use them👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2021, 10:43 PM   #22
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Nice 3d print designs😊
I bought an ender 3 a year ago and have been printing a lot of cart stuff. Have slowly been upgrading the printer, filament feed guides,relocated spool holder, billet filament feeder,ect. Solid printers with a few minor upgrades, many can be made on the printer itself.

Just finished up a pair of flag holders that clamp around the rear roof supports of the hard top. Most all my prints come from files found on line as I have not attempted to do any designs of my own yet. Recently printed a blank that covers the ball holder on the dash. Made some cutouts for key switch,light switch, f+r, along with volt meter. This moved everything closer to drivers side so no need to reach as far to move selector switch or key switch. Now printing a blank to replace old switch plate.
Thingverse has a fair amount of golf cart files to use 😊

Maybe post some of your print files here. Other cart owners with printers might want to use them👍
I used my printer over the years for the same thing, printing stuff from files online..around 800hrs worth. I've been able to draw in CAD although the 3D side was new territory, something I wish I'd learned years ago. I truly do need to upgrade to at a minimum ABS, which most printers do nowadays anyway.

As far as sharing, I may upload them to Thingiverse at some point once they're finalized. Speaking of, I have to revise the rear shackle cover. Didn't think it through so they work perfectly with no air in the shocks, but tried on the final version with air and they crack. I think it's an easy fix, just need to do it.

I did make a faceplate for the VIP dash. I planned to put my ignition elsewhere on the dash so using this space for my dual readout pressure gauge and 2 momentary switches to inflate/deflate the shocks in pairs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210306_165456941.jpg (352.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210306_175350378.jpg (223.9 KB, 0 views)
InfiniteReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #23
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Random picture from yesterday evening while riding my daughter around, but my timing was great.

Also a side shot with the new wheels/tires to show the poke. Not a fan of the poke, but expected. I know there are more flush options for 12in wheels but didn't care for the wheel styles offered plus wanted all terrains with a lowered cart. I don't think it's a deal breaker for wheel style I like. I want to explore some shallow flares to mold smooth and paint body color, but I'll cross that bridge after cart is finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210307_000757580.jpg (234.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210227_181525806.jpg (204.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2021, 01:14 AM   #24
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Spent a couple hours today making a panel for the bagwell area. On it I'll mount my 2gal tank, compressor and the manifold with integrated solenoids for my air shocks. It's mounted on 1/4" HDPE with a textured top. I planned on beveling the edges, but after seeing how well it fit I'll probably leave as is. I'm running 1/4" lines to everything, including air horns, if interested. At this point I don't plan to drill out my shocks just yet, just using a female JIC to female 1/4"NPT for now. Will decide later on the the shocks.

Also scooped up a new 12v Group 24 deep cycle battery that'll run all my accessories. Really hoped to find a deep cycle that would clear the back of the charge port, but no luck (at least for a $100 battery).

Tomorrow I plan to pull the roof supports, bag holder bracket for some fresh gloss black powdercoat. I'll also bring the door sills, basket and air tank to powdercoat the accent color I'm going with.

If I have time, I'll cutout my panel in the same HDPE to mount my high amp fuse distribution block and the 2 low amp fused distribution blocks.

When I put the cart back together after the build is done, I'm considering using nutserts instead of rivets and/or plastic push clips. No real reason since won't come back apart anytime soon, but have a bunch of allenhead 316SS bolts left from my SLC build. They may look nicer since the wheels are gunmetal and brushed aluminum, we'll see

Originally wanted to buy a new trim for the bagwell, but with a 2 week backorder time I figured I'd attempt to restore it since it's actually in decent shape other than being very faded. I did order new rockers, shock shield, motor/battery cover and the extended rear bumper.

The fun stuff is finally getting closer to happening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210309_211452479.jpg (243.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210309_211911476.jpg (196.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210309_224637162.jpg (204.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210309_224652108.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #25
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

This is going to be a really nice cart once completed. I'm having a great time reading about all the stuff you're doing!
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #26
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

That PLA will melt/deform in the outside heat, just a heads up. If you can print in PETG with your current printer, I'd advise that until you can get to use ABS. Definitely recommend an enclosure and a filament dry-box for ABS printing though.
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #27
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the advice! Since all I have is PLA I'm going to roll the dice to see how it does when it gets hot here or I make another order for filament, but I'll definitely keep an eye on the stuff. Hopefully by then I'll be in a position to upgrade my printer, it's long overdue for sure and it'll all get reprinted.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #28
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Yeah, PLA is great for prototyping and little desktop models, but doesn't really hold up well in outside environments. I have a regular Ender 3 myself with a few basic mods, but it does PETG really well. Still teaching myself Fusion360 and making basic items for myself.

If you're looking for the best of the best, definitely grab a Prusa printer!
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:00 AM   #29
InfiniteReality
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got all the metal removed and dropped off for powdercoat. Feels weird having no top and sucks having no seat back riding around.

Gave in and ordered a new bag well insert. It'd bug me not having a fresh one and probably not too much fun getting wax off the old one. Lots of dirt underneath it, so it'll get a good wash tomorrow.

I'll weld up the old taillight holes, antenna hole on nose and step cover holes tomorrow. If time allows this weekend I'll proceed attempting to get the body as smooth as my patience will allow, my attempt to paint will follow depending on the weather.

Cheap air horns, because why not since will have air onboard. They fit high up under the nose, bracket may be a pain to make and will tackle after body is removed.

I planned to just cut my logo out in vinyl for the air tank, but had a random idea to see about modeling it in 3D so it's be flush on the tank. Printed it out and test fit on the tank before I dropped it off for powdercoat. Will put a caliper on it when it comes back and adjust as as needed.

Not looking forward to all the sanding, but am looking forward to spraying it. In between drying times I'll get everything wired and tubed. Also have to move the shock mount further down on the front axle as well as installing the iso plate in the rear for more shock length. I like it low, but it sucks riding with no air in them, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210312_005959191.jpg (262.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210311_223136498.jpg (188.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210311_025057085.jpg (137.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2021, 02:16 AM   #30
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Cool Build, Looking Good!! https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173192
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO