lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2021, 07:01 PM   #81
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO RXV Speed Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Maher View Post
225/30/14....cart maxes out at 22 mph currently.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk
Get one more post in and send me a pm we'll see what we can do.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #82
gregburb
Not Yet Wild

I was wondering if Bob ever makes it as far North as New Hampshire? I have a 2016 RXV that I am looking to upgrade the speed.
Greg
gregburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 01:27 PM   #83
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregburb View Post
I was wondering if Bob ever makes it as far North as New Hampshire? I have a 2016 RXV that I am looking to upgrade the speed.
Greg
No I don't think he will be going that far north.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:54 PM   #84
nickm52
Not Yet Wild

USGICollector. I'm interested in sending my controller out to Bob for a programming. I'll be PMing you soon. Just need to get my three posts in.

Thanks,

Nick
nickm52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:13 PM   #85
acesantoro
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
No I don't think he will be going that far north.
USGICollector, does Bob come as far north as Columbus, OH?
acesantoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:22 PM   #86
HawaiiEzgo2014
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Aloha Everyone,

First time posting on here.... have been reading and wrapping my head around all of the content from this site for months though. There is so much good information on here. Mahalo to everyone who has taken the time to pour out their knowledge for us novice cart owners.

I have a new to me (non-lifted) 2014 EXGO RXV 2+2. It has a factory rear seat and heavy duty rear leaf springs. The wheels have been upgraded to 10x7 3:4 Offset GTW Vampire Machined/Black Wheels. The tires are 205/50-10 Duro Lo-Pro Street Tires. I have four 12v batteries in it. I have not done any other upgrades and I am unaware of any upgrades that the prior owner had done to the cart. The cart will currently go an average of 18 MPH with two adults on it.

I am looking to get a little more speed out of my cart, when needed. I only dive it on paved roads. I am guessing that re-programing the current controller would be my best first move.
HawaiiEzgo2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:42 PM   #87
HawaiiEzgo2014
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. There is only one Ezgo dealer on the island and as you can probably guess they charge an arm and two legs for anything. I have tried to find someone else who can do some upgrades but there really isn’t any on this island. There is another cart store on the island of Maui but getting my cart or parts over there can be a challenge and costly.

I am sure that Bob does not go as far as Hawaii on his trips and I have read that he will no longer accept controllers in the mail. What would be a good and smart next move for this project? Should I just buy a new controller, like a Navitas or an Alltrax, and forgo trying to upgrade my current controller? Mahalo for any and all help!
HawaiiEzgo2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:00 PM   #88
TaylorG90
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It appears I have gone about this wrong as well. I have 23x10-14 all terrain tires and a 6in drop spindle lift kit to put on my 2017 RXV. It does have freedom mode enabled on the stock controller and goes abouty 22-23mph as of now. I want to make sure I don't burn up my controller. I am assuming I would need to upgrade to the the Curtis 350?
TaylorG90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #89
TaylorG90
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also where do I find the Curtis 350. I have searched everywhere for 1206AC-5360 and can find nothing. Also how much is this new controller? I am not needing speeds in excess of 30mph. I just don't want to ruin my current controller.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #90
TaylorG90
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also live in KY which appears to be in the areas that Bob goes to so hopefully that will help in getting the controller reprogrammed when I find one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO