lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2021, 06:44 AM   #1
bonebad1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 precedent. Wiring issues

I just bought a 2013 club car precedent. The previous owner had wired in headlights and under body LEDs and somehow burned it. The headlights turn on but the cart doesn't move. The fire started in the front. he used a mad Jax bucket harness. It looks like he plugged in the factory harness to the ignition harness and that plug is burnt as well as a tan or yellow wire that comes off of the plug. Am I right to assume the factory harness does not get used and the madjax one plugs into the ignition harness? I'm just hoping he didn't burn up the controller or anything else.

I'm thinking this is going to be quite the project
bonebad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #2
bonebad1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2013 precedent. Wiring issues

I found the previous owner ran a 48-volt line to the brake switch wire ground. It looks like that's where it started. I took that out took all the extra wiring out.
found two bad fuses by the controller. The cart spins the wheels forward and back. Looks like I am very fortunate.
The cart sat for 2 years after he did this. Pack reads 46.6v. I hooked it up the charger and the charger went to 15 amps for 40 minutes. Is that ok or should it be cycling? Pack read 52v while charging. I unplugged it so I could goto work and not worry about it.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:20 PM   #3
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree sounds like you got lucky.

The charger should have started at max amps, run for about 10-15 seconds, then stopped and restarted.

After that if the battery's are at 46 volts I think it could charge 6-8 hours or maybe more.

Did you check water level in the battery's before charging?
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:19 AM   #4
bonebad1
Not Yet Wild

I did check water level. They are all good. I'll plug the charger in again today and see if it behaves like it should
Old 08-02-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Charger needs to run it's course (could be 10-12 hours), let rest for a day and do another full charge. Then check each battery to see what condition they are in. May be able to salvage them for a while.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:12 PM   #6
bonebad1
Not Yet Wild

Ok I'll do that and hope all is well.
Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car