lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Default Stock Motor and battery cables questions

Good evening all,

I just installed an AMD7122 motor in my 36V EZGO TXT series cart today and i have to say, what a difference! I am using an alltrax 400 amp controller and a 400 amp solenoid. I am still on some old stock cables. It seems that the cart has a mix of 6 gauge and 4 gauge cables on it right now. They used to remain cool but now it seems that a few of them are getting warm to the touch. I have a complete set of 2 gauge on the way. Should i see any difference with the new cables? I am pretty satisfied either way .The cart would only go like 14 before, and now it hits 20 pretty easily, and like 26 downhill! definitely doesnt lose nearly as much speed as before going up hills either. The motor that I replaced was an AMD 2 HP, 73445G01. is that stock? does anyone sell these or should i just pitch it? It and 08, so Im not sure if anyone would want this thing. Last thing -- the only thing i need to upgrade after the cables is the F/R switch. will that get hot and fail quickly after i get better cables or do i have some time?

thanks all!
btmellberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stock Motor and battery cables questions

Others can give a more knowledgeable answer to what you would potentially gain with your 2g cables, but if they’re getting hot, that’s energy that isn’t making it to the wheels.
Your old motor is definitely worth something, don’t just toss it. I’m sure you can sell it on cl.
You need a true HD f/r at least. I’d go with a reversing contactor. It’s much easier to operate and doesn’t need to be periodically adjusted.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #3
btmellberg
Not Yet Wild

Thank you orange man, that’s a good suggestion that I hadn’t thought of. I will check into the contactor!!
btmellberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:21 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

btmellberg....either way, HD F&R or Reversing Contactors....go to cartsunlimited to get either. if you decide to go the HD F&R route....Scotty's is superior to any on the market. I too have a Series cart, and when I built it, the reversing contactors weren't even an option, so I put in one of Scotty's HD F&R's....that was 7 years ago and its never failed, and I have only adjusted it once in all time.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO