lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 PM   #1
mcannata@tampabay.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 3 Wheel EZ GO Pulls Left

My 1984 3 wheel ez go marathon pulls top the left without braking. Can someone clue me in on how to align the front wheel ?
mcannata@tampabay.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1984 3 Wheel EZ GO Pulls Left

Since it's an 84 I don't want to get overly technical... I'm assuming you have checked air pressure and tire size. Both are identical on both sides of the cart.

Check for bent tie rod on the pulling side? okay then, try this. Use a pickle fork to disconnect one end the tie rod on the pulling side. Now turn the knuckle in the direction that shortens the rod. Make 2 or 3 full turns in the direction that shortens the rod. Reinstall and test drive.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

EZGO calls a 3-wheel Marathon a X-440.

I don't have a service manual for a 1984 specifically, but here are manuals on both sides of that year and the front wheel alignment is the same in both.

Also attached is a parts manual for 84-86.

----------
If the single front wheel is vertical as it should be, verify both rear tires are the same height (measure with yardstick and level) and inflated to same air pressure.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #4
mcannata@tampabay.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Johnnie B,
I will let you know how I make out.
Thanks,
Michael.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #5
mcannata@tampabay.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: 1984 3 Wheel EZ GO Pulls Left

I was able to adjust the pulling issue. Thanks for the manuals.

Is there a way to increase the speed of this 1984 3 wheeler ? It has brand new batteries....
Old 02-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcannata@tampabay.rr.com View Post
I was able to adjust the pulling issue. Thanks for the manuals.

Is there a way to increase the speed of this 1984 3 wheeler ? It has brand new batteries....
I'm glad you fixed the pulling. A 3 wheel cart is much more unstable as compared to a 4 wheeled cart. Having driven a 4 wheel cart on winding mountain roads here, I would never risk higher speed in a 3 wheel cart. That being said...

I have two, a 1973 and a 1985, 3 wheeled Marathons. If I were to want to go faster, the first thing I would do is to upgrade the speed control system to an Alltrax controller. You would need to replace the resistor control contact board with a potbox to give you a throttle signal for the new controller. The drum brakes on the Marathon are pretty bad, so I would recommend using the regenerative braking on the new controller in addition to the cart brakes. When you let up off of the throttle pedal, it will begin slowing due to regen. The Alltrax controllers allow you to tune the controller settings to your liking with a PC or laptop via a serial port connection.

I suggest you go to cartsunlimited.net and take a look at the packages offered there. Scoottyb is a sponsor here, and he has most excellent prices on those products. In addition to the controller upgrade, you may want to upgrade the battery pack and charger to 42V or 48V. Scottyb has chargers that are configurable for those voltages.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO