lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Opinions - 48V 150ah vs. 72V 100ah

Both are priced very similiar.

If you had to choose voltage or Ah - which do you choose?

Thinking it depends on application?

My application is a stretched 6 person total cart, lift 6-8 inches with Navitas 5KW, 600 amp AC conversion.

It also I am sure depends on the mileage you need but amp load is different based on voltage so it's not a straight comparison.

Time to get my calulator out and motor specs at a given voltage.

M.
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Opinions - 48V 150ah vs. 72V 100ah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micbad View Post
Both are priced very similiar.

If you had to choose voltage or Ah - which do you choose?

Thinking it depends on application?

My application is a stretched 6 person total cart, lift 6-8 inches with Navitas 5KW, 600 amp AC conversion.

It also I am sure depends on the mileage you need but amp load is different based on voltage so it's not a straight comparison.

Time to get my calulator out and motor specs at a given voltage.

M.

The 48v vs 72v question has been discussed fairly in depth with your exact setup and iata from the Navitas page seemed to indicate that the AC motor is rated at 38v, which means that amps delivered was more critical than the actual voltage, however the system did more rapidly deliver the amps with 72 vs 48, so POWER did increase.

I'm far from an expert, so go check out the thread and read a little more HERE

My personal experience with DC cart going from a 105ah 36v pack to a 48v 103ah pack did NOT result in increased range, but did result in extremely improved acceleration.

both configurations offer the same 7200 watt hours, but the 72v system will likely be able to deliver it with more efficiency (assuming all the components in line are rated for that higher voltage)
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:56 PM   #3
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thank you - i ll look at that thread. i missed it in my search.
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Both configs have the same total power but there are some things to consider.

If you want to run accessories there are more varieties of DC converters for 48V than there are for 72V. They exist in both voltages but look at what you have available.

Also check out the chargers. There again appear to be more options available for 48V.

The 72V should be more efficient. In either case it will take the same amount of watts to move your cart a certain speed. I'm making up the numbers, but lets assume it takes 1440 watts of power to maintain 10mph in your cart. Now, the calculation is watts = amps * volts. So for a 72V source you will need 20 amps. For a 48V source you will need 30 amps for the same number of watts. When you increase amps you increase your losses due to heat. More amps = more heat = less efficiency. I have no idea how much of this will be noticeable in the real world
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO