lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
richmond
Not Yet Wild

Default 36V 2007 TXT converting to Lithium

Hi all,

I had converted my 2007 TXT 36V Ezgo to 36V 60AH Lithium battery. However, I faced a problem that when the voltage drop to 36V, the battery locked and stop supplying current to the buggy.

I have upgraded the BMS system from 200A nominal current 300A instantaneous current to 400A nominal current and 600A instantaneous current, and the same problem persist.

Can you please guide me in this matter?

Thanks

Regards,
Richmond
richmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2021, 12:25 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 36V 2007 TXT converting to Lithium

Is this a drop in or one you made? What Battery?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
richmond
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Is this a drop in or one you made? What Battery?
Hi,

It is a drop in , which my friend imported
Old 09-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #4
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Richmond,

I’m assuming a LiFePO4 battery. 36v is 3.0v per cell for a 36v LiFePO4 battery. Your BMS is cutting off at this point to protect the cells. At 3v, a LiFePO4 cell only has about 5% capacity left. It’s doing what it’s supposed to do.

What voltage are you charging to? It should be 42.6v to 43.8v and I would hope you’re using a lithium charger, not the original lead acid charger.

Lastly, when you upgraded the BMS, did you use one specific to LiFePO4 or a programable one that you set parameters in? If programable, did you use values specific for LiFePO4? It may have NMC parameters in there, which would be very bad for charging.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:08 AM   #5
richmond
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Hi Richmond,

I’m assuming a LiFePO4 battery. 36v is 3.0v per cell for a 36v LiFePO4 battery. Your BMS is cutting off at this point to protect the cells. At 3v, a LiFePO4 cell only has about 5% capacity left. It’s doing what it’s supposed to do.

What voltage are you charging to? It should be 42.6v to 43.8v and I would hope you’re using a lithium charger, not the original lead acid charger.

Lastly, when you upgraded the BMS, did you use one specific to LiFePO4 or a programable one that you set parameters in? If programable, did you use values specific for LiFePO4? It may have NMC parameters in there, which would be very bad for charging.

Cheers
Pat.
Hi Pat,

Thanks for replying.

The full charges for the cell is around 42.x V, and yes, i am using lithium battery charger.

When the BMS cut off the current supply, it still having more than 50% of the capacity in the battery which is what the supplier told me and he told me that voltage shd cut off at 28V.

I cant program the BMS. My supplier just asked me to upgrade the BMS when the cut off happen, after I upgrade, the result is the same.

Regards,
Richmond
Old 09-19-2021, 04:00 PM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I believe your dealer is misinformed. 28v is 2.3v per cell. That is way too low and will permanently damage the cells. 2.5v per cell is the ABSOLUTE minimum you should discharge to but I would avoid going that low. Do you have a link to the BMS you installed?

What makes you believe you have 50% left in the battery? As I said, 3v per cell (36v) is only 5%. If you’re using your original lead acid battery meter then that’s your problem. It cannot be used with lithium.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO