lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 09:41 PM   #1
Tikibuilt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2014 Precedent 48v light surging at low speeds

Need some help here for a new owner. We bought a 2014 precedent 48 volt customized Club Car with oversized tires, this thing seems brand new and looks it. Batteries are 2 years old duracell's. We've had it about 6 months and I don't believe it will run as long as our 96 E-Z-Go 36 volt. I plan to upgrade the stock controller because I have had issues getting up steep hills on trails at the campground. But in the meantime while wandering why the runtime is unsatisfactory I had the batteries load tested and they said they were slightly low but should be okay. I also noticed that cruising at low speeds through the campground I can almost feel some light surging like it doesn't know whether to accelerate or decelerate, I am very mechanical so I noticed this but my girlfriend says she does not. I wonder if it's related to battery drain in any way or if I have a faulty speed sensor or Etc.
Thanks
Tikibuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Precedent 48v light surging at low speeds

Have you checked pack voltage and voltage under load? Any idea what speed code is programmed in it? Hills, lift, passengers and oversize tires are going to be very hard on the stock system...you would probably do very well to get a new controller. Revolution or CartsUnlimited would give you some better advice.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibuilt View Post
Need some help here for a new owner. We bought a 2014 precedent 48 volt customized Club Car with oversized tires, this thing seems brand new and looks it. Batteries are 2 years old duracell's. We've had it about 6 months and I don't believe it will run as long as our 96 E-Z-Go 36 volt. I plan to upgrade the stock controller because I have had issues getting up steep hills on trails at the campground. But in the meantime while wandering why the runtime is unsatisfactory I had the batteries load tested and they said they were slightly low but should be okay. I also noticed that cruising at low speeds through the campground I can almost feel some light surging like it doesn't know whether to accelerate or decelerate, I am very mechanical so I noticed this but my girlfriend says she does not. I wonder if it's related to battery drain in any way or if I have a faulty speed sensor or Etc.
Thanks
First try the simple temp fix of the MCOR. KS off, pump accelerator 10-15 times fully, then try again. If problem goes away, contact David at Revolution Golf cars for a replacement. Do not go to Amazon for it.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #4
Tikibuilt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks I'll give the mcor test a try first.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:04 AM   #5
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is a common thing. I bought a new MCOR for mine (from David at Revolution) a couple of years ago but I haven't fitted it yet because I just pump it 20-30 times and it fixes it for another few months each time.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...05116301-mcor4

The genuine ones from David and other sponsors are made in Mexico. The cheap Chinese copies are a bit hit and miss for quality.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #6
Tikibuilt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Cycling the pedal seems to have helped. Thanks

Wacko, I recently installed a digital voltage have that I've checked 3 or 4 times and it's spot on when at rest. When under load its is very irratic so it's hard to tell where it's at.
I've been waiting till I stop to check it and head back when below 60% charge.
Is there a better way to check health with a fluke MM?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2020, 11:10 PM   #7
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is a long shot but the next time you feel the surging look down at your right foot and see if it is bouncing with the surge motion.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:12 PM   #8
Tikibuilt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Negative Walt, I've made sure it's steady at like 5mph on smooth pavement.
Thanks for the input though.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:42 PM   #9
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like your MCOR and David from Revolution Golf cart will fix you up.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, run time, surge
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car