lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2020, 04:58 PM   #41
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solidstate conversion on 97 resistor cart

I assume that is the voltage reading on the Altrax monitor screen.

Do a data log to see if you catch what is causing the shutdown.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #42
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Forward just started working for me. I increased the throttle settings from my ultra conservative and held the new pedal down a little longer than I thought I needed to and they started turning. I still can't get Reverse going.
97ccds-custom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:12 PM   #43
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Not sure what changed but Reverse just started working for me. I still have to play with the range for speed, but on resistor coils I was getting 21mph, at the setting on on now I can easily do 25 with the FN1 box cranked all the way. I could probably do more, but I don't want to burn out the motor. So I've got the low end of the analog dial at about 10mph and the top end at about 25mph. Thanks Scotty and Sergio for all the help! I'm going to let it charge overnight then take it for a test drive tomorrow. I think I just need to figure out the Alltrax toolkit software to optimize my settings.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:47 PM   #44
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I called Alltrax support to get some help but they didn't return my call yet. In the process I think I have narrowed down my issues with not understanding the Alltrax Toolkit software. I had the throttle set to the same values as the manual with lower throttle settings and lower amperage to play it safe with my motor. I think the settings were too low to actually turn the larger wheels and tires (22x11-10) even when they were jacked up off the ground. I also had some issues with Peak Amp Mode making the cart jerk especially in reverse so I unchecked Peak Amp Mode.

After playing with the settings everything appears to be working as expected. I can even enable/disable the FN1 speed controller box using the dashboard toggle switch on J1-Green and it lowers the settings to minimums just as if I had the dial turned all the way down.

I think it's safe to say conversion is complete! (with more room for upgrades some day)
Old 09-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad you found the error. If you mean to say you reduced the throttle rate. Thato will delay the pedal response as you are describing.
For everybody else we do send the controller out ready to roll with safe settings for the cart.
There is no need to change the programming. You can run it safely the way it cames out of the box
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:56 AM   #46
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This is basically what I changed for my setup. Unfortunately the Alltrax Toolkit software manual has a statement "TOOLKIT SCREENS FOR SR COMING SOON!!" so I couldn't fully reference what they had but between what CartsUnlimited sent me and the screen captures in the manual for the FN1 box I was able to try some settings.

I had contacted Plum Quick and they suggested for my modified GE motor to not push it much over 400A for too long. At first I thought to disable the Peak Amp Mode and keep the Max Motor Amps under 400 so I experimented with 375 but settled back down to 350. Then I read more about Peak Amp Mode it sounds like it is more focused on the controller amp draw. So I re-enabled it.

Another tweak was increasing the low end and top end max forward since I was at a crawl at 30%.

Since I don't have the optional reduced reverse setting enabled on the F1 of the controller, and reverse was simply too fast to be safe, I dropped that down to 25% but honestly I still don't need much by pressing the pedal to get going.

The Throttle Rate being so low for my setup is what I think made the pedal not respond when I pressed it initially. So I bumped that up to 19-54.5%.

I leave the FN1 at about 3/4 setting on the dial and it does about the same speed I had before ~18-20mph, but when I crank it up I can get 21-25 with my little motor and big tires. And I definitely feel more torque going over the few hills that gave me more trouble loaded up with passengers. I also have a little golf cart width trail going through some woods at the back of my property and it does great going over the inclines and climbing over large tree roots.

I might try setting the max motor amps to 375 again just for a short time to see what that does, but 350 for my application does well.
Attached Images
File Type: png sidebyside.PNG (96.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2020, 10:27 AM   #47
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Controller settings and real amperage draw are 2 different things. I doubt your motor would draw 400 amps unless the cart was up against a wall. Maybe they can confirm they mean actual draw not controller settings.
Because a setting of 500 vs 400 means nothing if the motor maximum draw is 250. See what you can find and let us know
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:21 AM   #48
97ccds-custom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

PQ told me to be careful running a high amp controller with this GE thin can motor because it is light duty and suggested I not run over 400 amps.

Then reading the manual for the Alltrax software I made the presumption that this could be set at the Controller Settings tab, page 19 section 9.4.3 says:

Max Motor Amps: Lets you set the maximum amount of amperage from the motor.

Max Battery Amps: Sets the maximum amount of amperage pulled from the battery pack.

Peak Amp Mode: Click this check box activates Peak Amp Mode which allows the controller to pull 15% over its maximum rating. Once the box is checked the controller will automatically go into Peak Amp Mode anytime it is under 50C.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car