lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #11
Ricomondo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed Code 4 Scam?

Hope you get things worked out. Had the code 4 put on my 13 CC Precedent for $75-
Not sure what the speed setting previously was, but before it was at 10-11 MPH per radar gun, and 19 MPH after the code upgrade. I'm pleased but still may do a controller to try and get up to 22-24 MPH.
Ricomondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2018, 10:09 PM   #12
jcornel7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I've seriously debated on selling codes on the web store and offering programmer rental. The rental would be free with the purchase of a code, but you'd have to put a credit card on file. In case the programmer wasn't returned you'd be buying it.
Message me, I would be your first customer! Im serious! I'm so pissed!

PS - Here is what I posted on his Yelp, Facebook and Google review:

DO NOT GO HERE! Scam Scam Scam! I called on Thursday 8/918. Asked how much it would be to change the speed code on my Club Car Precedent. The woman on the phone was very nice. After asking someone she told me it would be around $40. Because we are so close she offered to pick it up. I agreed and said let me know the exact amount before you start. So when I called later she tells me (quoting the owner the entire time) its going to be $150 for one level of speed code increase or $225 one more (level 4 the highest). She said if I'm going to do that I should just get a new engine which was $600. Again not her fault just repeating what the owner said. I politely said I cant agree to that, its not how it works and asked to have my cart returned. The owner gets on tells me its $150 as he has already it to level 3. I said I never agreed and shouldn't have done anything without my agreeing to the charge. He got rude and said he has to pay for his $900 computer some how. He offers to put it back to level 2 and still charge me a $90 fee. Today I talked to another provider and they said it would be $75 no matter level and were confused why I asked that. Regardless I called back today and said I don't think its right I should have to pay anything when its a straight forward thing. There is no diagnostic to do when changing a level or at least tell me any or all of this so I can agree to it. He gets more belligerent and tells me I can come and get my own cart (no delivery) and its $90 cash or he's keeping it. I admit very angry at how I had been swindled agreed to come get it, pay $90 and talk to my lawyer after. He said he didn't care, as hes been sued 4 times already for the same thing and won. Need I really say more? Do not do business with this company. You will regret it financially.
jcornel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcornel7 View Post
Message me, I would be your first customer! Im serious! I'm so pissed!

PS - Here is what I posted on his Yelp, Facebook and Google review:

DO NOT GO HERE! Scam Scam Scam! I called on Thursday 8/918. Asked how much it would be to change the speed code on my Club Car Precedent. The woman on the phone was very nice. After asking someone she told me it would be around $40. Because we are so close she offered to pick it up. I agreed and said let me know the exact amount before you start. So when I called later she tells me (quoting the owner the entire time) its going to be $150 for one level of speed code increase or $225 one more (level 4 the highest). She said if I'm going to do that I should just get a new engine which was $600. Again not her fault just repeating what the owner said. I politely said I cant agree to that, its not how it works and asked to have my cart returned. The owner gets on tells me its $150 as he has already it to level 3. I said I never agreed and shouldn't have done anything without my agreeing to the charge. He got rude and said he has to pay for his $900 computer some how. He offers to put it back to level 2 and still charge me a $90 fee. Today I talked to another provider and they said it would be $75 no matter level and were confused why I asked that. Regardless I called back today and said I don't think its right I should have to pay anything when its a straight forward thing. There is no diagnostic to do when changing a level or at least tell me any or all of this so I can agree to it. He gets more belligerent and tells me I can come and get my own cart (no delivery) and its $90 cash or he's keeping it. I admit very angry at how I had been swindled agreed to come get it, pay $90 and talk to my lawyer after. He said he didn't care, as hes been sued 4 times already for the same thing and won. Need I really say more? Do not do business with this company. You will regret it financially.

I can’t message you. It said you have elected not to receive private messages. Email me. Info@revolutiongolfcars.com. Or call me tomorrow. 706-431-3917.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:26 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Man that is awful. I have to ask. How long has that place been in business?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:01 AM   #15
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
I've seriously debated on selling codes on the web store and offering programmer rental. The rental would be free with the purchase of a code, but you'd have to put a credit card on file. In case the programmer wasn't returned you'd be buying it.
That sounds like a great idea.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:21 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
That sounds like a great idea.
I think so too. The only issue is that I use my handheld nearly every day and it's gonna be hard to part with it.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:03 AM   #17
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
I think so too. The only issue is that I use my handheld nearly every day and it's gonna be hard to part with it.
You'll need more than one if you go to the loaner program. If that's possible. It'll be a little bit of an investment (as everything is) but I think that will pay off. You're welcome to ask around on here to find out how many would be interested to give you an idea. Mention it in our announcements section and for sale area if you like.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #18
william h
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

your getting reamed big time! my dealer did speed code 4 and maxed it out for free
william h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by william h View Post
your getting reamed big time! my dealer did speed code 4 and maxed it out for free
That's a unique situation, as the dealer definitely has to pay for that code. They did that for you as a favor.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #20
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by william h View Post
Ditto here (or if he charged it was very little don’t recall at this point), but unfortunately my dealer is not in business anymore. Doubt it is due to giving out free speed codes though.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car