lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Jakes LT spindles (G2)

Looking for a couple pics here guys. Does anyone have a Jakes LT on their G9 or G2 with disc brakes? If so, could someone post a couple pics of the spindles? Need to check a few things so I can use the Jakes front disc brake kit on my cart.. Thanks!

Tonka
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Re: Jakes LT spindles (G2)

Bump
Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Bump
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Bumpety bump!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

No one?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Is it just me,or has it been kinda quiet on here this week?I've posted stuff,answered questions,etc..and no responses.My lift-kit post usually climbs 50-80 per day,gone up 3 in 2 days!I think everyone took a vacation!!I'd like to see the spindles too!!!
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

It has been quiet. I need to call Jakes and trade in my stock spindles for the LT kit spindles for the disc brake kit. Im going to need disc brakes on this build!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Are you using the Jake's LT front end? Or are you fabbing one up? You could use atv spindles/a arms to cut down on fab time. I opted for the atv frame too, but I think that hurt me in the long run trying to make it work. I should have just started from scratch. I thought of using a "Pachanga Style" lift with the atv a arms? That might be cool?

Pachanga, I responded to one of your posts on my atv build thread about this...any thoughts?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If I build a LT setup,I will use some form of the Pachanga-Lift.You can mount the uppers in the original location,and the lowers on the dropped brackets.That will give a 5"-spread,but you increase the spread,to give more distance between upper and lower.Then build a spindle like the Lifted Club-Cars use.Use longer shocks,and run them from the lower a-arm.The more angle on them,more travel.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
If I build a LT setup,I will use some form of the Pachanga-Lift.You can mount the uppers in the original location,and the lowers on the dropped brackets.That will give a 5"-spread,but you increase the spread,to give more distance between upper and lower.Then build a spindle like the Lifted Club-Cars use.Use longer shocks,and run them from the lower a-arm.The more angle on them,more travel.
I need the front Spindles that come from the disc brake set up for a G2/G9. No Changa lift on this one!! Sorry Mike! Waiting for the Changa lift on my Club Car DS...

Are you using the Jake's LT front end? Or are you fabbing one up? You could use atv spindles/a arms to cut down on fab time. I opted for the atv frame too, but I think that hurt me in the long run trying to make it work. I should have just started from scratch. I thought of using a "Pachanga Style" lift with the atv a arms? That might be cool?

I am not using Jakes. I am going with a full custom double a-arm front on this build... New rack and pinion steering and coilover shocks. FOA 8" stroke shock. They are 22" extended and 14" collapsed. This custom fab will be comparable to the Strech Plastics LT kit but, with more wheel travel and much more stronger... I am just looking for the spindles that come with the Jakes disc brake kit... I WILL be using the Jakes front disc brake kit! Just need the spindles to fab around them until I am ready to buy the brakes... Hope this helps to clarify what I am doing on this build. To answer your question, no. I will not be using a "mass produced" lift kit. I will not hold up to what I need it to do..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts