lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2001 RVX Tire Question

A good friend of mine has an 01 RVX, he asked me what would be the biggest tire/rim combination he could get on it without it rubbing and without a lift kit. He owns a small car repair shop and uses it to shove the dead cars into the shop and is wanting to get some bigger tires that are a little more aggressive than the stock ones. I told him I could ask on here and someone would likely have an answer for him in no time.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 RVX Tire Question

For shoving, I don't know if he'd want a bigger tire.That would increase his top speed, but lower his pushing power.Does he need it higher up to match bumpers?In that case he could probably just fabricate some nice pushbars.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

He doesn't seem concerned about power or torque, I think for the most part he just wants bigger tires to help line up a little and to improve the looks of the cart and also a tread that is a little more aggressive.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

If he's shoving dead cars into a shop, he should be concerned about power.Also those bigger tires are going to put more wear and tear on the driveline.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I tell you what Heliarc, how about you argue this with him, as for me I'm not much on the arguing. I understand your point and I believe that I have also made my point clear. If you would like to continue to tell him he shouldn't do what he wants to do feel free to pm me your phone number and I will happily hook you up with his.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

RVX? what is that. RXV didn't come out until 08.

anyway. 20" tall tires is about the tallest you can go without a lift on any cart. Now this depends on the brand of tire also. some say they are 20" tall but they are closer to 21" or taller.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Coutesycart, I evidently fat fingered the RXV, as for the year I could have swore he told me it was an 01. I do remember the RXV part as he was telling me the model I saw it on the side of the cart.

I guess I'm not only old and cranky but forgetful to boot. Thanks for the help Courtesycart.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

another thing is that cart is powered by AC voltage, not DC voltage. the controller wont last long if he is using it that way. RXV carts are real picky to loads. RXV are best left on the golf course. just giving a heads up.

I have put 20" street and AT tires on an RXV w/o issues. these carts were just used to ride around the neighborhood.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilla View Post
I tell you what Heliarc, how about you argue this with him, as for me I'm not much on the arguing. I understand your point and I believe that I have also made my point clear. If you would like to continue to tell him he shouldn't do what he wants to do feel free to pm me your phone number and I will happily hook you up with his.
Sorry if I came across like that.I don't care for arguing either and I'm certainly not trying to.If he's got his heart set on bigger tires, then more power to him.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #10
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

No harm no foul, Heliarc, all is good. He's a pretty bright guy and understands the whole torque ratio thing. He just wants what he wants. I am a little concerned about the comment from courtesy cart about the think being ac instead of dc. May have to talk to him about that.

Tags
tire size
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO