lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #21
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

UUUGGGGG Shadowman, I wanted to scream yesterday!!! Max (the Dog) and I went out yesterday and ran the crap outta this thing and it ran great. That was till we got about 8 miles from the shop back in the woods(thought hell it's 80 degrees out lets get a drink and go mushroom hunting) we we get tipsy and start heading back and the *** thing will go ten feet and die. Spent two hours stuck in the woods with no cell service no tools but a pocket knife and the *** dog got drunk and went swimming. Anyway get digging into it and found that the micro switches in the throttle box (theres 2 stacked) the top one was working fine but the bottom one was striking closed and then would pop open just enough to let it fire then close again. the only way I could tell was take the set off strap it to the back and ride on the edge of the engine compartment wiggling wires while giving it gas. so when I saw this switch I took the reverse buzzer switch off left it unplugged and used this switch on the bad one and off we went. ran like a champ. So I guess I'll be calling golf king or someone on here today for a new one. I think what made me the maddest was Max drank all my spirits and got to go swimming while I worried about getting home! Then to top it off I only found one *** mushroom and thats a waste. Hell thats like some one giving you a sip of beer when you need the whole case!
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #22
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

I think when I was pulling on the air intake it would vibrate that switch just enough to make it come open.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

thats the way this crap happens, when you arn,t ready for it it slaps you in the face......replace the switch and cross your fingers.......BUT we learn something.....you may not see something like this again for years but when you do and someone else is pulling their hair out you,ll walk up to the cart and say hey you better look at that microswitch....after they look at you like your a turd they,ll replace it and it will run fine............you got a smile and they can,t beleive you knew just where to look ..................it happens, have a beer for me..........what kind of mushrooms? sheepshead?......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #24
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I did get lucky and remembered that the reverse buzzer switch was the same so at least we got it home.

We look for Morrell and Beefsteak mushrooms here. If you find either one they fetch about $28.00 a lb. that is if I share.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #25
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
I did get lucky and remembered that the reverse buzzer switch was the same so at least we got it home.

We look for Morrell and Beefsteak mushrooms here. If you find either one they fetch about $28.00 a lb. that is if I share.
Serious ? Morrels are ten a penny around here Hundreds of them popping up every day. You can harvest them with a pitching wedge.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 AM   #26
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
Serious ? Morrels are ten a penny around here Hundreds of them popping up every day. You can harvest them with a pitching wedge.

FC
where do you live?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #27
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

around here mushrooms are a highly gaurded secret, i have watched guys fistfight over one of them telling someone where they were hunting them.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
where do you live?

Near a very heavily wooded golf course with plenty of light, shade and natural springs. I'm saying no more than that after reading Toms post about fist fights lol.

FC
Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #29
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here in K.C. we will fight over them as well Hell I got buddies that wont even tell the wife where the hell he goes hunt them for fear if they get divorced she'll know where he went.

Anyway Tom I need the gap for the coil on this 96 C.C. it might actually be a 97 but the vin show's week 26 of 96 If any one has it that can help.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #30
fastercarter
Gone Wild

I usually set them to 30 thou Doc but you can go closer. Just be sure to rotate the flywheel before closing it all up to make sure nothing rubs. A wipe around the edge of the flywheel with some emery cloth will remove the surface rust and enable you to get it nice and clean.

FC
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car