lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

Default amp shuts off. ........ help please

hey guys i need your advice . .i have searched this topic but only came up with a couple threads except in those threads the radios would work after the cart started. in my case the amp either shuts off or theres no sound the entire time i have my foot on the gas until i completley let off the gas i have a 89 G2 gas. i installed an amp with the blue wire going to a toggle switch with an aux wire to plug my phone into. if its just sitting it sounds great gets loud and everything but when i hit the gas and it goes for about 15 feet the volume stops zero sound come out of the speakers until i let off the gas completley... any ideas????:sad11 :
j12racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: amp shuts off. ........ help please

If you wire anything on a G2 wire the hot and ground to the battery, do not use the frame. If you run any current off the stock wiring use a relay. If you use the battery it should have nothing to do with if it is running or not, except the battery can have less voltage not running or when starting.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks sho for the reply ....Hmmmmmmm. I have the hot and ground going straight to the battery and I have the blue remote wire going from the amp to a toggle switch to the positive on the battery ...... Any ideas?
j12racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Put a meter on the amp and start the cart up, see if you have power and the remote power. An amp will typically shut off if power drops to 10v for some reason, I suppose it could shut off from overvolt too and a cart could possibly do that. Some of the older carts you can adjust the voltage regulator it should not be over 15v at high rpm but I forget the spec. Typical for a battery to charge at 13.5-14v or it can push the water out of it. Some people have had them run 16v and that might shut off the amplifier because it can fry the op-amps inside. But it should only do that at high rpm the generator makes more power the higher the engine rpm. Any $10 meter (DMM is best, digital meter) will work for this. My G9 has a solid state regulator G2 might not. Wiring straight to the battery is best with these but you can tap in to the other end of the battery cables if you want if it helps your wiring, make sure you fuse anything you put on there. Try that, not sure what else would cause that issue other than voltage too high or too low, other than some kind of bad connection that would show as voltage zero. Most 12v equipment is designed to handle 10-15v range you get to the edge of that you might run into something that does not like it.

14.5-15.5v is spec voltage it should charge at battery, at 2.500 rpm with drive belt off. If you have the old regulator you pop the cover and screw clockwise raises voltage.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center