lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
nathangast
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default KF82 Repair Help

My father in law is in his 70's and not in any shape to be working on engines sadly so I'm trying to help him get his Cart up and running again. I have figured out its a KF82 club car looks like a willies jeep (cool i have to admit) I've totally removed the rear body to be able to get at the engine and everything. I will post PICS tomorrow but I wanted to get something out now while its fresh in my head.

First the intake stud snapped when the shop was replacing his Carb. They didn't even tell him. I figured it out when he asked me to look at it since it was running horribly and they said it was fine when he left their shop.

I had to drill, tap, and install a new stud. Now carb is physically in place but hoses and linkage are a bit of a question. He has an electric fuel pump not the vacuum one I see in all the diagrams, no big deal but I felt I should mention it.

The carb linkage appears to me to be missing a bracket that connects to the throttle arm in the diagram. The long arm that would go from the throttle linkage to the rear, guessing gearbox down shifter maybe, but it's adjusted in a position that there's no way it could have been connected to the throttle linkage. I'm thinking maybe at some point it was eliminated. I don't know exactly what it does honestly.

I will post photos in the day light but for now maybe my description will be enough for some experts to lend some guidance.

Thank in advance
nathangast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
krtyson08
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: KF82 Repair Help

I just rebuilt mine last week inside and out not much to it when you post some pics just ask for some pictures for comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
krtyson08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
nathangast
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Exclamation Re: KF82 Repair Help

I have some photos and I typed on a few of them the questions I have.

However I cant share them until I have been a member for 7 days. Well that's great.

I tried setting my profile picture as one of the photos, no idea if it will help.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathangast View Post

However I cant share them until I have been a member for 7 days. Well that's great.

I tried setting my profile picture as one of the photos, no idea if it will help.
Has it been enough time for you to post photos? Maybe by tomorrow since you joined on 10/22.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathangast View Post

I'm not sure why members say they can't post picture for seven days. You can post pictures from the first minute you sign up.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-...ing-101-a.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:08 PM   #6
nathangast
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well when i try to post any hyperlink to a website or anything it says i cant do that for 7 days. I'm hoping today is the day i have gotten it running but new mysteries have sprung up.

could someone explain this wiring box? the guy that had it before my father in law did some weird jumper thing. would like to figure out why and if i can eliminate it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gGBGSbMreMtfham56

finally i can post pics. any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:22 PM   #7
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's your wiring diagram:

Old 10-31-2019, 08:26 PM   #8
nathangast
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks! this is very helpful.

what is the box that houses the solenoid called?

would I be correct that if i removed the orange wire from the "ACCELERATOR STARTER LIMIT SWITCH" and connected it to 12v+ that should trigger the solenoid to start?
I ask because I replaced the Solenoid and the accelerator pedal still wont start to cart. I have a toggle switch installed temporarily to jump the mains on the solenoid which works, but I'd like to get it setup correctly. I'm suspected the "ACCELERATOR STARTER LIMIT SWITCH" may have failed. so I'm trying to test it.

Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Accelerator starter limit switch is the switch that allows power to flow to the solenoid once the gas pedal is pressed. So yes, all else being wired properly it should start. If it's not starting, the issue could be in your neutral lock out switch (behind the shifter handle). The neutral lock out switch is what keeps the cart motor from starting in neutral.

I don't know what the official name of that control box is. Solenoid box maybe?
Old 11-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

An addendum to my above comment (the first sentence). The accelerator kill limit switch may keep it from running that way, as it too is triggered by the movement of the gas pedal. To test you may have to temporarily bypass it.

Tags
kf82
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car