lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2024, 05:39 PM   #1
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default What did it ?

I have been amazed by the super power of my Omega build these last few days. I looked over what changes I made different from the VC 460 long rod. For sure the smaller diameter Raceseng flywheel was a big change but some mini bikers have done A -B testing between the flywheels and didn't see a big advantage in acceleration. I did also go to the NRracing 6500 rpm valve kit. Those valves compared to the stock VC unit look like from stock small block Ford units the the very slick GT 40 units. Along with this in the cylinder head I did use Paulkarts idea he found early on with his new flow bench that in unshrouding the valves big flow #'s were gained by coming out straight from the valve 1/8 of an inch. From Jody Powell at ARCracing his work showed that really streamlining the valve guide pyramid really upped flow figures. Lastly idid very accurately correct end float on all 3 shafts. That has made a tremendous difference in the amount of particles on my magnetic dip stick. So is it a lucky combination of the changes OR one or the other did it ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps