lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

Hi everyone, I'm helping a buddy out on a 96 C.C. and when it revs up it almost gets up to speed and then shuts off then it revs up and shuts off again. It just keeps doing this over and over. I have removed the rev limiter Ground, and checked the other grounds and they are all OK. Could this be the Governor causing this or even maybe the coil going bad?
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

I was wondering if I loosed the arm to by pass the governor if this would help thigs out and make it run smooth?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Need Help! C.C. Revs up almost to top speed then shuts off then revs up again.

its possible its gov. related only thing you can do is turn it down see how it runs and adjust from there............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll try that this morning Shadow mam. I'm not sure if my post makes sense on what it's doing. I am a EZ-Go man and when mine was acting this way it was the gov. linkage and throttle linkage all outta whack. but this one doesn't seem to have an adjustment on the governor cable to carb cable.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's BoneCracker View Post
I'll try that this morning Shadow mam. I'm not sure if my post makes sense on what it's doing. I am a EZ-Go man and when mine was acting this way it was the gov. linkage and throttle linkage all outta whack. but this one doesn't seem to have an adjustment on the governor cable to carb cable.
Zip tie the springs together to prove your point but if you plan on leaving both the governor and limiter disabled I would urge you to get a tach installed and keep the motor under 4500 rpm for everything but short bursts.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

should be a gov. on it and if its there you should be able to turn it up or down.............what your decribing sounds like someone already tried and got it wrong.................................
Old 03-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
should be a gov. on it and if its there you should be able to turn it up or down.............what your decribing sounds like someone already tried and got it wrong.................................
It has a gov. but it acts like just about the time you reach a good speed it kicks in then it takes 4 or 5 seconds and starts to speed up again. It reminds me of some one spraying a burst of starting fluid in the carb then off then on again.

I will try the zip tie first.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you tried spraying around the head gasket to see if speed changes? very rare with C.C. but not out of the question also around carb base make sure no gaskets ripped......you know how e-z gos did that.............................
Old 03-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
have you tried spraying around the head gasket to see if speed changes? very rare with C.C. but not out of the question also around carb base make sure no gaskets ripped......you know how e-z gos did that.............................
Yes what a pain!!! Actually I finally got a seconded to look it over this morning. You where right it was the governor way out of whack! Is it ok to run with the gov loose like the ezgo as long as the rev. limiter is working?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

so gov was out of wack.....yes you can run it just don,t over rev it 3900 rpm,s is safe i think the limit is 4300 rpms........if your not sure buy yourself a tiny tach.......i take it that you didn,t mess with the gov? someone else did.......i see that a lot and when it runs like crap they quit and blame it on something else..........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car