lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #1
uid73721
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Oil pump issues - need oil tubing schematic

Hello,
I recently rebuilt my motor and I've reinstalled everything the way that it was (I think). The motor starts right up and runs fine, but it doesn't look like oil is flowing through my oil lines and oil pump. I may have hooked up the tubing incorrect? Can anyone take a picture of thier setup and email me? kennygollinger@hotmail.com
I premixed the gas/oil for now, but it looks like the oil lines deliver oil to more than just the engine, so I want to make sure bypassing the oil pump doesn't hurt anything else. Please help me with any details you can. I would hate to blow my engine after spending so much time fixing it. Thanks in advance.
uid73721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: G1 Oil pump issues - need oil tubing schematic

Just my opinion...Your probly better off pre-mixing your oil anyways.

Other than that you could look at the owners manual and it may show the lines. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-catalog.html
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
uid73721
Not Yet Wild

I agree. Thanks for the input!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

From what I have heard from others, you can remove the oil tank and all the
tubing, cap off all of the fittings and pre-mix without any problems.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
uid73721
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: G1 Oil pump issues - need oil tubing schematic

After speaking to some people, I've learned all you have to do to check if the oil pump is working is to:

1. Disconnect the oil line from the carburetor.

2. Run the engine for approx. 1 minute at high rpms

3. Look to see if any oil has been pushed through the oil line. Not very much comes out, just about 1 drop every 10 seconds.

If there is no oil, then you can cap off the oil system, remove the reservoir and pre-mix the oil 85:1. This is not recommended by Yamaha, however not much we do with these carts is :-)
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by uid73721 View Post
Hello,
I recently rebuilt my motor and I've reinstalled everything the way that it was (I think). The motor starts right up and runs fine, but it doesn't look like oil is flowing through my oil lines and oil pump. I may have hooked up the tubing incorrect? Can anyone take a picture of thier setup and email me? kennygollinger@hotmail.com
I premixed the gas/oil for now, but it looks like the oil lines deliver oil to more than just the engine, so I want to make sure bypassing the oil pump doesn't hurt anything else. Please help me with any details you can. I would hate to blow my engine after spending so much time fixing it. Thanks in advance.
There will be 3 hoses at the oil pump. #1-from the oil tank. #2-small hose to carberator. #3-hose to the muffler "jet sensor". To "prime" the pump, #1-there is a plastic removable cap (on top of the oil pump) take it off and you will see a phillips head screw (this is the "bleeder" screw) back off the screw and let the oil gravity feed out of the bleeder screw, when you see oil seeping out, tighten the screw. #2-Take the hose off the muffer and blow into it and "crimp" the hose (with visegrips). #3-Take off the drive belt or jack up the rear end to get tires off the ground. #4- Go to the passanger side inner rear fender, where the "CDI box" "snap/connects" into the main wire harness. You will see 6 wires. Disconnect the black/white wire only! This will alow the car to "Idle" and you may even want to turn the "throttle stop" screw in some to make a higher "RPM". And lastly...I recomend you have a squirt bottle of oil to squirt some oil into the carberator while your waiting to see the oil come out oil pump carb hose. Be patient, I've had cars that took almost 10 minutes to fully show the "pin head" of oil you need to show your pump is operating. I know this sounds like alot of work, it's not. Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monster truck 002.jpg (64.9 KB, 88 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Good info here. Thanks for posting!

This cart looks very cool, any other views of it?

Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Thanks for the "thumbs up". With 22 plus years with Yamaha golf cars, I will try to help anyone I can. I've read some of your posts and feel you know your stuff. Posting more pix's on this ride. Take a look at "Street/Lowered" section , would like your opinion and all other "Insane" golf car gearheads. Later Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg monster truck 003 (Small).jpg (59.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg monster truck 004 (Small).jpg (52.8 KB, 19 views)
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #9
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Thanks for the "thumbs up". With 22 plus years with Yamaha golf cars, I will try to help anyone I can. I've read some of your posts and feel you know your stuff. Posting more pix's on this ride. Take a look at "Street/Lowered" section , would like your opinion and all other "Insane" golf car gearheads. Later Dave
Man, this cart is sweet!!! Nice work on that BadA$$!!!!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha