lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Henningfeld
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Best Bluetooth Portable speaker for your cart

Any one have an recommendations. I have came across one that is really nice. It has a clamp you can by and the back of the speak has the threaded screw whole. Also just debating putting it some how in the basket. I am liking to keep it easy to remove since you have to in order to charge it.

Very interested to see what the smart guys on here have to say or if they have a much better approach.

http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Turtle-Shell/
Henningfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
iCart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Best Bluetooth Portable speaker for your cart

jawbone jambox, big or the original, jbl has a new one out that has a usb port to charge your phone, ipad, whatever.
then ihome has a unit with a FM radio in it, I haven't made my mind up. have listened to the big jawbone, it cranks. the jbl is supposed to be as good for a couple bucks less.
the ihome w FM is here...
https://www.ihomeaudio.com/iBT4GC/
iCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
iCart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

the jbl charge, read a good review on it, had to look at it again...
http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/index.jsp

and the jawbone...
https://jawbone.com/speakers

would be interested in others experience with these on a cart, always having a phone, ipad or whatever with us, this would be one more doodad that'd work on the cart, desk, wherever.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
iCart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

your link doesn't work for me...

http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Turtle-Shell/
[/QUOTE]
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
iCart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

your link works, was just impatient with the "page not found"

the turtle shell looks pretty cool and tough, just wonder if it makes enough volume, looks like they're geared towards clamping on bicycles. It looks like a pretty new item as well, so didn't find any of the tech sites reviews.

did find some consumer reviews on amazon...
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outdoor Technology Turtle Shell Wireless Boom Box (Black) Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outdoor Technology Turtle Shell Wireless Boom Box (Black)
Old 04-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Henningfeld
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah i would agree it is a very new item, it was actually part of a kickstarter project so it is awesome to see their success.

I found this link pretty helpful...

http://coolmaterial.com/feature/hand...ooth-speakers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCart View Post
your link works, was just impatient with the "page not found"

the turtle shell looks pretty cool and tough, just wonder if it makes enough volume, looks like they're geared towards clamping on bicycles. It looks like a pretty new item as well, so didn't find any of the tech sites reviews.

did find some consumer reviews on amazon...
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outdoor Technology Turtle Shell Wireless Boom Box (Black)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
iCart
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

yes, imagine that'd be a good chice, and if you wanted more sound, could get a second one. one of my concerns on a lot of the portable speakers is enough volume and clear sound. my ipad cranks pretty nice sitting inside, but out in the cart, not so much.
did look at your link, and looked at a comparison on cnet as well...
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-bluetooth-speakers/

so many choices, I'm usually guilty of following the crowd and getting the popular junk.

and how about that Philips Shoqbox SB7200
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #8
Henningfeld
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You read my mind, Since i just wanna be able to kinda throw in it my basket of my RVX or or even the cubby wholes durability is definitely a must on my end.

I really like that philipis.

I was getting ready to share this one.

Amazon.com: BeatBlock- Premium Bluetooth Wireless Speaker; Portable, Durable, Rechargeable, Powerful. With Bombproof Rubber Coating. (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: BeatBlock- Premium Bluetooth Wireless Speaker; Portable, Durable, Rechargeable, Powerful. With Bombproof Rubber Coating. (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

Or you could not have the rubber and have a water proof one. In case your spill your beer.

Amazon.com: Grace Digital ECOXGEAR ECOXBT Rugged and Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black): Electronics Amazon.com: Grace Digital ECOXGEAR ECOXBT Rugged and Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Black): Electronics
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought the Logitech Mini Boombox bluetooth radio, and havent had a problem with it at all. It is rechargable and lasts about 8-10 hours per charge. I put it in the cubby of my Precedent and golf, or take a ride at the lake, plenty loud, and has a nice sound. I picked mine up at best buy for $99. Here is the same one on Amazon for $80.
Amazon.com: Logitech Mini Boombox for Smartphones, Tablets and Laptops - Black (984-000204): Electronics Amazon.com: Logitech Mini Boombox for Smartphones, Tablets and Laptops - Black (984-000204): Electronics
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dont forget that if you dont want to remove it you can just put a radio and two speaker but make sure you get a radio with bluetooth streaming and you can have a nice sounding stereo with bluetooth built in.
Thats what i did so i can link my iphone to it and play pandora or spotify plus i use it around the yard for music at home.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center