lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
kjshelton
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default motor rebuild question

i am rebuilding the top end of my harley golf cart and my question is : the standard cylinder bore is 2.750 that i had bored .020 over which would make it 2.770 and i purched a 20 over pistion online and also at a local cart shop and they are both at 2.759 which makes the clearence 0.011. in the manual that i have it says that piston fit should be .006-.007in (loose). which would make mine to loose??? if any one knows why that is or if that is ok please let me know i am not sure if i should run it like this or have it rebored??
kjshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: motor rebuild question

I think ring end gap is the critical measurement here ... what does your manual call for and what do you have when you put the compression ring in the cylinder?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
kjshelton
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: motor rebuild question

It calls for .007 to .017 and I have about .012
kjshelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson