lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Location: Mandeville, LA...bout 30 miles north of New Orleans
Default Re: How to identify a Regen Club Car?

Great explanation Rusty...thanks. Ive been wondering the difference between IQ and anything else. I was hoping mine was an IQ, but oh well! Now with that being known, whats the least expensive way to ad speed(not torque) to a regen cart? Dont misunderstand...Im not looking to go 35mph or anything....but I would like to boost the speed (maybe 19-20mph)without spending a fortune. Can I gain speed for less than $200?
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #12
timbo2
Getting Wild

If It Has New Batteries You Stole It So Drive Like You Stole It The Only Regen To Stay Away From Was The 1st Regen Car 1995 Big Problems With Those.
timbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #13
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
but I would like to boost the speed (maybe 19-20mph)without spending a fortune. Can I gain speed for less than $200?
If you do let me know how :-) My only idea would be calling electrical motor products and seeing what they can do for you... they used to be a site sponsor not sure if they still are.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #14
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
Great explanation Rusty...thanks. Ive been wondering the difference between IQ and anything else. I was hoping mine was an IQ, but oh well! Now with that being known, whats the least expensive way to ad speed(not torque) to a regen cart? Dont misunderstand...Im not looking to go 35mph or anything....but I would like to boost the speed (maybe 19-20mph)without spending a fortune. Can I gain speed for less than $200?
Thanks! And, as far as the faster speed? Yup, get ready do dig into your pockets. Theres not a quick, easy or cheap improvement for this. As stated, it usually requires a different motor and controler.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #15
hawgs
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
I sent EMP an email and they said they have motors for my cart that can go 23MPH without any upgrades besides the motor. The price they quoted a little more than double what you're looking at, but still not bad at all.
hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #16
charliec
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: How to identify a Regen Club Car?

I have one of those 1995 Regen 1 Club Cars mentioned below. If I purchase a combination series motor and controller package from BU can it be installed and will it do away with the problems inherent in the 1995 carts. BU only lists these speed torque combo kits beginning for a 1996 regen cart. Is the 1995 regen 1 different from the 96-97. Is this cart worth fixing up? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions before I spend money on it.
charliec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #17
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Regen 1 Cars Can Be Changed Over To A Regen2 Controller,nobody Rebuilds The Regen 1 Controllers.it Should Have 2 Solenoids,and The Regen1 Also Does Not Have A Tow Switch Under The Seat. The Regen 2 And All Iq Cars Have A Tow Switch. The Regen1 Cars Were Discontinued After 1997.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car