lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #21
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Resistor to controller

I appreciate the help. Electricity confuses me. I will be more confident with someone else wiring it up correctly. I have some dollars invested and don't want to burn something up. Thanks again. Hopefully I'll be back soon needing help on voltage increase. When I last looked at cart I think I found enough space for 11 6volt batteries, Which I figured to be cheaper than 6- 12 volts. It will b e heavy but should move on pretty good and have long run time.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 AM   #22
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Well I got a call from shop that was to rewire my cart and they told me 2-3 hours labor @ $65 per. I responded that I thought 1 to 1 1/2 hour would be within industry standards. They responded that my batteries needed to be replaced. I said yes, I have a source for that. They said, "what are those 2 batteries in the bag area." I responded they were to bump me to 48 volts. They say batteries wired wrong. I say I wired them to charge 36 volt and then 12 volt additional charger. Silence. Then I was told potienmeter was bad. I told him it was brand new and had never been wired in. Silence again. Then I was told to come pickup my cart. I agreed. So, I will be needing ya'lls help again weekend of 1/10-11.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:44 AM   #23
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Sure..We will help......for $85 an hour. LOL! J/K
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I was reading this thread with interest. About how much would this conversion cost?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #25
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I'm scared to add up all the cost. I just hope it runs like a scalded dog when I finally get through with it.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #26
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Roady, I've been studying the wiring diagram you posted. I believe that I can follow that ok. Best and simplest I've seen. I do have one question. I have an old cart with motor perpendicular to axle. All of the motor terminals are in a row. Looking from above the motor and from the front will the terminals be, A1, A2, S1, S2. I cam see no markings and would rather not remove to inspect. Thanks again. If I get running next weekend I'll post up how it flies.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:08 PM   #27
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I can't say for sure. Its been a while since I looked at one. Are there any cables attached to the motor terminals at all? You can follow them back and find out what they are that way....as long as they were hooked up right to start with.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #28
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

well yes they were originally connected correctly, but then I've been messing with them, soooo.... I am assuming though, terminals to be either a1, a2 s1, s2, or s1, s2, a1 , a2,. I'm leaning toward A1,A2 et
Old 01-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #29
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

some steel wool and I found markings on motor. I wired as per diagram. Still no go. I test the motor tomorrow

I wired cart today. It still doesnt run. I'll try motor test tomorrow to try to find problem.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...rt-wiring.html

Maybe you should go back to here. Tim sets out some good simple steps to diagnose ezgo won't go if you read down a bit.
I don't remember if this cart was running before you started the conversion? That info would influence how I approached the project, but......
Put the cart up on blocks before you try to make it go!!!
Also you may want to get some tape and a pen or a camera before you start taking too many wires off. Study the wire diagram and begin by following one wire at a time to see what is correct. ( it may be a broken wire - run your hand along any wire you can't visually inspect for damage)The mistake - if any - will become more obvious the further you go. Electronic diagnostics is simply a process of elimination. Don't expect to go straight to the problem. Work around to where you know this is the problem area and this is the problem. Good luck! Check the path of all the big cables according to the diagram first. Then follow the path of the smaller voltage wires according to the diagram thru any and all switches, solenoids, etc. Be sure they are working switches and solenoids! Use your tester and verify voltages are as required, where required.
Eat the diagram for breakfast and you'll be tooling around for lunch!
Oh, yeah, and when your done, "electricty won't confuse you so much".
Think of it like water going thru pipes?!
And then start rebuildin' that transfer case in the ol jeep.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!